Yet Another Keezer Build FINAL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigtex2884

Reaction score
PROBLEM: 5 year old with another on the way and I love draft Beer.
SOLUTION: Build kegerator/keezer

Like most people I never thought about converting a chest freezer into a kegerator but given the ability to potentially have 3+ beers on tap I accepted the challenge of building a Keezer over a Kegerator. ONLY requirement per wife.....MUST LOOK GOOD ENOUGH TO HAVE IN THE HOUSE..Challenge accepted

1st step stalk cragslist until a 5-7cuft freezer came up for a good price

EQUIPMENT:
GE 7cuft FCM7DUFWW
3 - Perlic 630SS stainless
3 - Krome 4" shanks stainless
5lb Co2 Tank
Co2 requlator
3 way distrbution bar
Coolermaster 200mm fan
Brushed Stainless bottle opener combo
STC-1000 temp controller
misc parts/screws/fans/building supplies
magnetic primer
chalkboard paint
toolbox latches
Basic Pine boards from lowes that I distressed myself

After I found my Chest freezer I pieced everything together and voila....Ill shut up now and just post the pics.

1.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

and FINALLY....I was having a bit of an issue getting the lid to sit flush and make a good seal so I ordered 2 stainless steel toolbox latches to hold it down and they work great. Air tight now. You can see when locked how much they hold the side down.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_5.jpg

Wow awesome keezer and build! Want to come build mine once I find a good deal on CL?

Thanks it was a lot of fun and I'm actually toying with the idea of making them to sell I just don't know what the value would be.....I know what I value it at but that might not be what someone would pay especially if they don't know the amount of time and work that goes into it.

Haha yeah the fan is large haha. But it is quiet and moves ALOT of air. It too is hard wired to the stc1000 and will only turn on with the compressor.

Back