Yet Another Introduction -- Wisconsin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstrike

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been browsing on here a lot the last month and decided it's about time I sign up and drop a line. I imagine you'll be seeing a lot of me around here! :)

Thanks to everyone for the excellent advice. I'm currently working on getting some of the simplest basics down by working with root beer. Once I get that down, I'm moving on to some actual beer! I can't wait!

I've been having some carbonation issues and have been trying to track down the source of the problem in many ways. One way involved hacking one a wireless weather station to monitor temperature. --> Wireless Thermometer Hacking for Homebrew Beer!

When I get home I'm going to crack one of the latest batch open to see what I got. According to the thermometer (which I can now monitor remotely from my phone) this batch has stayed well within my target temperature limits!

I raise my mug to you guys! Thanks again for everything so far!

Sincerely,
Greg

Welcome to another Wisconsin brewer! I am an expatriate Wisconsinite hoping to move back to my home state in the near future. And since you've been browsing the site for a time, you already know that this insanity we call brewing is addicting! Enjoy!

glenn514:mug:

Thanks guys. Yup, I get my stuff from Homebrew Market. I'm heading down to Fon du Lac this evening and I'm planning on swinging by The Cellar to check it out.

Update on my root beer: We've got carbonation! I'm now ready to move on to beer. It turns out that I just had some bad yeast and room temperature probably didn't play too much of a factor.

...yes, this IS very addicting!

Thanks guys. Yup, I get my stuff from Homebrew Market. I'm heading down to Fon du Lac this evening and I'm planning on swinging by The Cellar to check it out.

Awesome. You will never set foot in Homebrew Market again. Dave is very helpful and has forgotten more about brewing than most of us will ever know. Head down to his bar too- O'Davey's Pub on third street.

I can't believe how active this forum is!

I just picked all the ingredients needed to make my first brew. I decided on a Scottish Ale. Hopefully I'll get to it this week, but probably next weekend.

I can't believe how active this forum is!

I just picked all the ingredients needed to make my first brew. I decided on a Scottish Ale. Hopefully I'll get to it this week, but probably next weekend.

I brewed yesterday, and I wanted to brew again today since I saw a recipe that looked really good. But my husband gave me the most definite "no way!" I've ever heard from him. Apparently me disappearing for hours to drink and brew twice this week already was enough!

It's an addicting hobby, that's for sure!

Back