yet another FNG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old_tx_kbb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Similar to another FNG....15 years away from my brewing days. Old member of TX. KBB. I'm an all grain brewer putting together a new setup. In the planning stages of a single tier system. My plan is to use insulated 10 gallon coolers for the HLT and MT and 10 gallon brew kettle for 5 gallon batches....to be dispensed from my kegerator. Here's a shout out from Nashville to any Knights of the Brown Bottle.

While I'm still in the process of gathering equipment...I thought it best to let my equipment collection evolve.....so....no actual brewing equipment yet....

but... I did get a couple of 6 gallon better bottles and other implements...and thought it best to at least put together a quick black cherry cyser...

nothing fancy...just 4 gallons of Mott's apple juice...a gallon of Knudsen black cherry juice...and 2 lbs of generic honey...a week ago.

Primary is doing well....will probably rack it to secondary in another week to 10 days. By then I will add a new 5 gallon keg to my collection which should fit nicely in my kegerator. Looks like I can put at least 2 of them in it...maybe 3. Depending on how many I can put inside, I'll probably upgrade at least to a double tower...maybe a triple....If three 5 gallon kegs don't fit, I'll see about two 5 gallon kegs and one 3 gallon keg (probably for my high gravity brews)

I used to do a lot of competitive brewing back in the day. I took a first place at the Texas Bluebonnet competition back in th mid-90's with a smoked porter....and several brewer of the year awards with my old club, the Knights of the Brown Bottle. But I'm not really interested in competition anymore. I'm a major hop-head and will concentrate on IPA's, Imperial IPA's, Dry Stouts, and Imperial Stouts....and hopefully an occasional Barleywine.

Cheers !

Back