Yet another brewer in SoCal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shek

Reaction score
Grew up on the EC, now live in Long Beach. My teams are the Gators and the Orioles, and sometimes the Ravens. I've been brewing for about four years now, and have just started to get into AG after trying a partial mash Dale's Pale Ale clone. I've been getting more into slapping together simple recipes or working from other recipes rather than relying on kits. I've also started growing my own hops this year; already picked my Columbus bine clean; but I think I'll have enough fresh Cascades for a couple of 5G batches. I'm here to try to make better beer. One thing I think I need to work on is kegging. The friend that got me into kegged, so I've been kegging the whole time, except for one batch of honeywheat where I bottled half of the batch with big flip-tops. Most of my brews don't seem to ever turn out as good as that honeywheat that I bottled (could go back to the beer getting an extra couple weeks before I downed it). I'm pretty sure one of my biggest problem is fermenting too warm. Come to think of it, that honeywheat was made in one of the few places I've lived that had central air....anyhooo some of my fav brews are Dale's and Gordon, Stone IPA, Boont Amber, 21st Amendment, Red Rocket, Hop Rod Rye, Hopsickle to name a few.

Hey, whats up shek? I'm also in so cal: Culver City. I just kegged my first brew. And I'm planning on brewing my second batch Friday or Sat.

Hey shek, welcome to HBT!

Plenty of good info here on kegging. Whole lot of threads about controlling your fermentation temp as well.

cheers

Latest posts

Back