Yet Another Beer Lover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roofpig

Reaction score
Hi all! Joined up not too long ago and thought it might be nice to finally introduce myself. My name's Pete, but you can call me roofpig. I'm currently living in the Greater Rochester Area in New York state and working as a code monkey for a local theater company. But let's get to the important stuff, shall we?

About 4 years ago my wife and I were living in Long Beach, CA when we discovered a neat wine shop a block from us that did weekly wine tastings. Not too long after that discovery, they started doing monthly beer tastings. I was still a rookie at this point, but smart enough to stay away the Budweisers, Coronas, Coors, etc. Well, my wife left for a couple of months (she's a costume designer and was doing summer stock theater out-of-state) and the nearby shop upped the frequency of beer tastings to once every other week. So what else was I to do?

Over that summer I learned more about beer than I ever thought I would, and that led to me doing research on my own. I started to talk to local home brewers and even a couple of brewmasters from local microbreweries. I studied the process inside and out until the urge to actually brew became overpowering.

After moving back to New York (where I'm originally from), I bought myself a home brew kit for my birthday and went to it. Now I've got one brew under my belt, the next one planned out, and a whole lot of ambition. It'll take some time to get there, but I'd really like to establish my own microbrewery or brew pub in the future. Five years ago I never would have guessed I'd be trying for that, but I guess you can't underestimate the power of beer.

Anyway, glad to be here and I look forward to getting into some good discussions!

Good to have yah!
Welcome to this wonderful obsess.... err, hobby... :D Isn't it funny how one kit can change things?

Latest posts

Back