Yeast Starter weight of DME Calculator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver_Is_Money

Larry Sayre, Developer of 'Mash Made Easy'
Reaction score
I hate the idea of the addition of a large liquid yeast starter altering the OG of the Wort I just moved to the fermenter, so I came up with a simple spreadsheet based calculator which permits me to build a liquid yeast starter at the same nominal SG as for my recipes anticipated OG.

Download at the Google Drive link seen below (by pressing the "down arrow" seen next to the printer icon in the upper right hand corner) and then launch and run in Excel or LibreOffice Calc.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KzBlxvHZj5HfBIv82c_y8PCPHRfXvhwI/view?usp=sharing

Yes you do need a bit of planning. No need to "re-heat" though, I find that if I pull it out of the fridge anytime before starting to boil it'll get down to room temp by the time to pitch. If you are actively applying heat to get it back to temp you are likely killing yeast.

Back