Yeast-help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skoch1988

Reaction score
Ugh I did a dumb-dumb! I made a batch of cherry wine yesterday and went to throw in the yeast today. Not thinking I just dumped the yeast in without activating it or anything! What can I do? Will it activate? Should I put more in the correct way?

Help!:confused::confused:

You should be fine, it'll probably just take a little longer to really get rolling. Just take care to watch the temps so you're not stressing the yeast even more. Let it go and if fermentation doesn't kick off in a day or two, then you can re-assess.

Ugh I did a dumb-dumb! I made a batch of cherry wine yesterday and went to throw in the yeast today. Not thinking I just dumped the yeast in without activating it or anything! What can I do? Will it activate? Should I put more in the correct way?

Help!:confused::confused:

That's what I almost always do- just add the yeast to the must. I've been doing it like that for 25+ years, hundreds and hundreds of batches, and I've never had a problem yet.

The only time I've done anything different is when I'm expecting a really tough ferment, like with hard lemonade or another very acidic or nutrient-deprived must.

You will be fine.

Back