Yard find.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OntarioBeerKegs

Reaction score
I found something today that I figured was a stroke of luck in the local scrap yard. A thick walled shop made SS vessel with 12inch radius and a height of 18 inches. Pretty excited about what is going to be my new 35G brew-pot. I would like to use NG on this, is there any reason before I start that I could not use this or if a burner would not work with a bottom surface that has a 24inch diameter? There is also a slight lip on the bottom out side edge that kind of overhangs. Total cost so far $40 CAD.

I would also like what I believe is called a sightglass. One of those external thingies that is vertical and allows you to see how much volume is left. Could somebody kindly point me the way to find a cost effiecient one, hopefully in SS to keep the theme going?

Thanks.

Congrats!!!:ban:

Sounds a little wide bit I'm no expert. I don't know what kind of burner you plan on using but some like one of those big banjo burners might help with the extra surface area.

I can't imagine the lip would matter. Have you see the underside of a keggle? Thats like 3 inches.

I think I'd like to see some photos of that bad boy!

Pictures as requested. It is a bit out of round but nothing I can not fix myself, and of course needs a good cleaning. The pin lock keg next to it gives a decent idea to the size of this.

DrKarma that thread has some great ideas in it, the first time I have ever seen a coffee kettle salvaged for parts. That leaves yet another idea on the mental list when I visit the local surplus shops and bring home a box of junk.

Coy, that is right in line with what I am looking for.

[ame=http://img705.imageshack.us/i/80358395.mp4/]
80358395.mp4.th.jpg
[/ame]

Latest posts

Back