xbox live ban hammer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uglygoat

Reaction score
i read an article that over one million xbox live users, or more specifically their modded xbox consoles have been banned from the server on the launch of the new cod game.

anyone fall prey? blizzard did this a few years ago with WoW accounts that were using a piece of software called glider. lots of nerd rage in the gaming forums.

Missed it this year, got a buddy of mine.

So far at least. I doubt it's over.

They do it every holiday because very holiday lines up with a big hyped release. So, in a way, you're both right.

if i get my xbox modded, where do i find these "backups"? about how much cheaper are they instead of buying the games at the store? would i be able to get games like the new call of duty?

Life is too short to play enough xbox that you have to pirate your games to feed your habit. Sounds like the junkie stealing TVs to get his fix.

I use several original xboxes as media front ends in my house (XBMC). I have one on each tv. They are great, super reliable little things. Too bad Microsoft screwed up the 360 so bad, it could have been a great system. My first 360 bricked and I bought another when they went to $199. I flashed the firmware on my first 360 and it was more of a pain in the ass than it was worth. The cool thing about the original was running things straight off the hard drive. This kept the crappy DVD drives from wearing out and made load times so fast you barely ever noticed a pause.

Got banned last night.

Bkov: If you're looking for more info, Google is your friend. Just know that getting banned will probably end up happening.

If the box doesn't match the hammers demanded specs it will smash your hopes and dreams.

BTW... DON'T contest it if you know your box is modded or if you bought it used. Why? Oh.. If MS's initial investigation is proved correct, your account might just get banned.

Ok, let's not turn this into a "lots of info about pirating video games" thread, then.

:off: I found this funny. Reminds me of my dad when I was little.

Dad: "don't do X"
Me: "But I am not doing X and I am doing Y"
Dad: "Ok, well, don't do Y then"

i modded my original xbox.. still have it as our media center.. look up xbmc.
never played online much.. there was a service called Xlink Kai where you could still play online through the system link option.. may work for 360

Has anyone heard of problems with the console reading games as dvd's? I know that modding involves changing the firmware of the disk drive so I don't know if microsoft added something in their last update that may have screwed up my console. Whenever I put in any game it just says play dvd and will not do anything. Everything else still works, I can watch movies, stream media, and play demos that are downloaded but just can't play disks. Oh and my box has NOT been modded.

Call them for support and see if they can do something about it. A little odd that such would happen unless you've been having alot of errors latley about unreadable disks. could be impending dvd drive failure.

Back