Wrong Temp controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotusworker

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Putting together my keezer and I think I ordered the wrong temp controller. It looks like the stc 1000 but it is clearly not the same. In my haste, I found a link from someone and just pulled the trigger. It was cheap enough from china, so I really have no desire to ship it for a refund. I already ordered a new one and should get it today in time to get my beer on in the cold asap.

I am wondering if I could wire it up still for my something else maybe my next build of a ferm chamber. Does anyone have a schematic or ideas how this would work?

Here is the link to the ebay item with a diagram :http://www.ebay.com/itm/200788221832

That WILLHI controller should work fine for a keezer. As long as you don't see a need for a heater. The capabilities of the STC1000 are more of a requirement for a fermentation chamber.

The only functional difference is that the STC1000 can control cool AND heat at the same time while the WILLHI can control cool OR heat.

That WILLHI controller should work fine for a keezer. As long as you don't see a need for a heater. [...]

Agreed. I have an MH1210 single-stage controller running my keezer, no need for a second stage in that use. An STC-1000 would be overkill...

Cheers!

Agreed. I have an MH1210 single-stage controller running my keezer, no need for a second stage in that use. An STC-1000 would be overkill...

Cheers!

Does anyone have a simple wiring diagram for this? I would like to just use 1 outlet to plug in my fan and freezer. I already snapped the outlet on the silver side, so I figure I have to pick up another outlet. I am just having a hard time finding a simple diagram for this.

I would just use this for the Keezer and my new one for the ferm chamber.

Does anyone have a simple wiring diagram for this? I would like to just use 1 outlet to plug in my fan and freezer. I already snapped the outlet on the silver side, so I figure I have to pick up another outlet. I am just having a hard time finding a simple diagram for this.

Here ya go.

I drew up this diagram about a year or so ago for someone on the forum with a WillHi controller. Still had the image file...

Cheers!

willhi.jpg

You don't technically need a new outlet. Just jump the two posts together with wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back