Wrong Collar Measurements!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckylindy345

Reaction score
Alright, I made a rookie wordworking mistake yesterday...I forgot that 2x6's aren't really 2x6. I measured everything several times and all my numbers came out to be perfect, except for that one oversight. Anyway, I was thinking about lining the collar up with the back of the freezer so that the hinges can be fixed properly and just going from there instead of going back to Home Depot and doing it all over again. If I did this, the collar would extend an inch shorter than it should at the front of the freezer.

So my question: will this be a problem as far as dispensing beer from the taps? I figured the taps would extend far enough so that I would still have enough space to dispense, but I wasn't sure as I have never seen a keezer (other than pictures). I don't really care if it doesn't look perfect, as long as it serves its intended purpose.

Thanks!

just add one piece of wood to the back of the collar. if it's 3/4" or so just add a 1x6. glue and screw and you're good to go. Line up the front. it's what you'll be looking at.

B

okay. I was trying to avoid having to go to Home Depot because when I go in there I like to spend money! But it is definitely a good idea to do it right the first time...

+1 on the shim. The front edges need to match up fairly closely to get a good seal.

Back