Wort pot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many will have a lot of reasons, I've used an aluminum turkey fryer pot for 9 batches now, and it's worked fine. I am switching to a ss keggle now, to increase batch size. If you are going with 5gall batches, the aluminum pot will work fine, and has a much friendlier cost, just be sure to build the oxygen later, by boiling water for an hour in it, or putting in a 350° oven for 15 minutes.

Whoops hit send when I wasn't finished.

Well I have about 6 five gallon batches with the aluminum pot I think all the batches turn out great. We just started to keg instead of bottling. Just filled first keg today. I am looking forward to drinking new beer on Labor Day :)

dave19056 said:
Whoops hit send when I wasn't finished.

Well I have about 6 five gallon batches with the aluminum pot I think all the batches turn out great. We just started to keg instead of bottling. Just filled first keg today. I am looking forward to drinking new beer on Labor Day :)

I think the aluminum concerns for a brew pot are all old school concerns. Build up your oxide layer, which it sounds like you've done, and brew on! Glad to hear your stuff is turning out good!

Latest posts

Back