wooden brew stand/table

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pdaigle

Reaction score
I buided a table for my future herm system. table top is out of wood and I was wondering what to put on the wood for temperature. Do not want to have a disaster in my basement.

Best,

I put my boil kettle on top of a plywood topped cart, I just stick a couple wood strips under it to lift it slightly off the surface and keep it from heating up the cart too much. Remember that there are wood trivets to put stuff on out of the oven, which can be hotter than anything in a HERMS system.

I have my HLT and BK on propane burners. They are wood, painted with High Gloss latex paint. There is no sign that they are suffering from heat after 5+ years.

YMMV.

I use ceramic tile under my propane burners on my wood brew stand/cart. For safety always keep a fire extinguisher in the brew area.

wonderboard comes to mind. its 3 x 5 sheets and usually like 1/2 inch material . Made for shower/wet applications but its a fire resistant/ concrete like substance that I'm sure can take some heat as long as you're just setting a hot pot on it and not a sustained flame.

Back