Woman homebrewer from Houston, Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb1541

Reaction score
Hello all! New the forum, been an avid reader though for a while. Been brewing since 2009, still learning a lot! I am working on starting a women's home brew club in Houston so any women out there located in Houston should join! I only have a facebook site right now but building the website as we speak.

http://www.facebook.com/WomensHoustonHomeBrewClub

I've read a couple books (how to brew by john palmer and Beer Tap into the art and science of brewing by Charles Bamforth) and now working my way through Brew like a Monk by Stan Hieronymus.

I pretty much love all styles of beer but right now my focus has been more Belgian.

I am also working on a website (myspentgrain.com) where I am going to experiment with spent grain in a bunch of different recipes (bread, dog biscuits, soap, granola, etc.) so if you are interested it should be pretty neat.

I have to say I love the community of home brewers and brewsters. I am excited to start giving back now that I have learned so much from everyone else.

Cheers!

Welcome. There are quite a few threads using spent grain here. Use the google search (little arrow next to "Search", then type your terms into the Google Search). I've made granola and was not impressed. Dog treats are excellent (dog is impressed).

Good luck.

Welcome! Brewing is my all-time favorite hobby and it's always nice to see someone starting up a homebrew club that would encourage women to brew. I'm not generally a fan of single-sex clubs, but if that helps get more women into brewing then I guess that is a good thing.

I don't use spent grains in my soap (too scrubby) but I have used beer in my soap, and will keep doing that as it makes a nice soap. I do use spent grains in my dog treats. He loves just the grains, too, so I add a little bit to his dish every day.

Welcome! I am originally from Houston, but I am in the Navy now stationed in Connecticut. My wife and I have talked about making spent grain candles, but haven't actually gotten around to doing it yet. Maybe you could use that idea for your site.

Back