WLP925 high pressure lager yeast question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfboy66

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just finished fermenting with WLP925 high pressure lager yeast. Fermented at 18C (65f) under 15psi pressure as suggested by white labs. Final gravity 1.008 with OG 1.047. Beer has been lagering at 2C (36f) for about a week. The beer is still very cloudy (wort was clear when yeast pitched). There is also a distinctive Sulfur note present. WL say that this yeast requires 5-7 days of lagering to condition. I quite like the slight Sulfur taste but was hoping for a crystal clear beer. Do I have to wait longer? Anyone have similar experience using this yeast? Forgot to say that I fined with whirlfloc (boil) and gelatin (after cold crashing).

Thanks in advance.

Did your beer ever clear up and did you do any brewing with this yeast?

I have a pouch of WLP925 and plan to give it a go soon. I am thinking about doing a split batch where I did half under pressure in id 60s and the other half without pressure at mid 50s.

Back