WLP630 - WWYD?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveMur

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Bought this recently on a whim, haven't had a chance to use it and as of the 1st it expired.

Never really worked with a blend/sour, is a starter likely to do anything? From what I've found the lacto should be alright but the yeast may be done for. Would I need to pitch a new yeast to go with it?

Thanks
Dave

I've always understood that with blends you shouldn't do a starter. It could lead to an imbalance in the blend. I do not remember where I read that.

I see no reason why you couldn't do a starter. It just might not have the same profile as if you just pitched the yeast directly in to the fermenter.

I've always understood that with blends you shouldn't do a starter. It could lead to an imbalance in the blend. I do not remember where I read that.

I see no reason why you couldn't do a starter. It just might not have the same profile as if you just pitched the yeast directly in to the fermenter.
Yea I had read something similar which is why I was worried. Got a starter going ready to brew tomorrow and either way there's life in it. Can't know a difference if I don't use it anyway!

Back