Honeysuckle Wheat Ale?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brentt03

Reaction score
Gonna create a wheat ale with honeysuckle and was wondering what you guys thought the best way to add the honeysuckles would be??

Does honey suckle grow as a vine? I have these vines that grow on my house and the flowers smell amazing and I think it's honey suckle. I bet it would be awesome with a wheat beer but if you put it in secondary how would you sanitize the flowers? Could you extract it with vodka?

NicoleBrewer said:
Does honey suckle grow as a vine? I have these vines that grow on my house and the flowers smell amazing and I think it's honey suckle. I bet it would be awesome with a wheat beer but if you put it in secondary how would you sanitize the flowers? Could you extract it with vodka?

That's a good point...wonder what the best way to sanitize would be??

I bet it would work well if you infused vodka with them then added the vodka either insecondary or before bottling/kegging

The wine recipe that I'll be trying this year (for the first time) calls for only the petals, you have to remove everything else before steeping them into a tea.

I could see infusing vodka with this flavor before adding to secondary.

Also, my 1 gallon wine recipe calls for 7 cups of the petals. Hopefully that will help give you an idea on how much you'll need for flavor.

My honey suckle is about to bloom. I'm curious if you've tried it yet. I'd like to attempt it too but not sure whether to make the tea or extract with vodka

Back