Kegerator/Keezer Hardware Advice Needed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j_dogg

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm going to attempt my first 4 tap Keezer build.
I was just wondering if there is any preference of which tap faucets are best, lines, gauges, temperature controls, tanks etc.
I figure it's the most important factor in any system. The fridge's only job is to keep it cool, but I need something that can pour different styles of beer and easy to clean. I was thinking I might need different faucets and different lengths of line for different styles of beers to get the "perfect pour".
Any suggestions would be appreciated....Thanks!

+1 on going with Perlick stainless faucets and stainless shanks at the beginning. 525SS are all you need for faucets unless you want to get fancy and push stout with nitro/beer gas at high pressure through a foamer.

I'd give a call to Brian at Birdmanbrewing.com. He's a HBT forum supporter and a very helpful guy. I bought my 3-faucet setup from him. Great prices and excellent service.

Also consider adding an STC-1000 to more precisely control the temp of your fridge.

Thanks for the advice guys!
I just wanted to do it right and get some good products.
I always price around to get the best deals....but best deals aren't always quality.
I'll definitely look into it a bit more and contact Brian!
Thanks!

Not knocking birdman since I have never dealt with him, but kegconnetion is a great outfit as well. One thing they had were shanks where the tailpieces are seperate instead of being welded. Probably pluses and minus for both designs, but I like being able to break things down completely. And +1000 for stainless.perlicks

Definitely Perlick. I bought my stuff from Birdman brewing and the prices were good and the shipping was fast. My 2 cents.

I buys lots of stuff off of eBay, but I'd rather purchase this sort of equipment from a known and respected HBT vendor like Birdman or KegConnection. If you need help or encounter any problems, they are known to be very responsive and will take very good care of you. eBay may or may not save you a few bucks here, but you're unlikely to get much, if any, customer support.

Back