Cheap Filter before primary for buckets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poptarts

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find. I'll give this a try before I go for the stainless steel mesh container from Arbor Fabricating.

They even have beer listed in the chemical chart for reactivity! Ordered 3 of them for $20 shipped.

Okay so brewed with these today for anyone who is curious. They work really really well. I will no be using hop bags or spiders or kettle screen in the future. The 100 micron is too fine, it clogged in about 10 seconds but stacking 600 - 400 - 200 worked amazingly well. They are not the best quality but with some care they should last a while.
qLYVTg4.jpg

Stacked in the bucket, they fit the 6.5 brew buckets great.
KH5ldwF.jpg

Side shot
fSp3yjb.jpg

single in bucket
Xi4eJXX.jpg

Okay so brewed with these today for anyone who is curious. They work really really well. I will no be using hop bags or spiders or kettle screen in the future. The 100 micron is too fine, it clogged in about 10 seconds but stacking 600 - 400 - 200 worked amazingly well. They are not the best quality but with some care they should last a while.
qLYVTg4.jpg

Stacked in the bucket, they fit the 6.5 brew buckets great.
KH5ldwF.jpg

Side shot
fSp3yjb.jpg

single in bucket
Xi4eJXX.jpg

Hmmm I cant see the pics for some reason.

They are hosted on imgur do you have it blocked? they are showing up fine.

I suppose a guy could have a bucket filled with sanitizer solution and 'dunk' the filters in that. You'd need to spray sanitizer around the rim with a spray bottle, but that should do the trick alright.

I'd think anyway...

Just pulled the trigger on a set of three. If these filter out trub, I'm going to kiss the OP.

I suppose a guy could have a bucket filled with sanitizer solution and 'dunk' the filters in that. You'd need to spray sanitizer around the rim with a spray bottle, but that should do the trick alright.

I'd think anyway...

I'm sure they'd be fine for the first use. I'm wondering about subsequent uses.

Back