Wish List for Brewtarget

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MT2sum

Reaction score
If there isn't already a thread for Brewtarget that tells the devs what you'd like to see someday, I'm starting one here.

I'd like to see something included where you could tell or ask Brewtarget how much corn sugar/honey/Jaggery you need to use for bottle conditioning to attain a certain amount of carbonation volumes. Every so often I see a recipe that says I need a certain amount of volumes for the carbonation - since I'm not a geek of any kind, I'd like to see if that's possible to incorporate into a computer program like Brewtarget. Right now I use either 3/4 cup of corn sugar or 2/3 cup of honey or jaggery per 5 gallon batch. That's all I've ever been able to come up with, knowing nothing about carbonation volumes.

If there isn't already a thread for Brewtarget that tells the devs what you'd like to see someday, I'm starting one here.

I'd like to see something included where you could tell or ask Brewtarget how much corn sugar/honey/Jaggery you need to use for bottle conditioning to attain a certain amount of carbonation volumes. Every so often I see a recipe that says I need a certain amount of volumes for the carbonation - since I'm not a geek of any kind, I'd like to see if that's possible to incorporate into a computer program like Brewtarget. Right now I use either 3/4 cup of corn sugar or 2/3 cup of honey or jaggery per 5 gallon batch. That's all I've ever been able to come up with, knowing nothing about carbonation volumes.

Tools -> Priming Calculator

Fill in the amount of beer, the (serving) temperature of the beer, the desired volume and what you are priming with and then press the Calculate button.

Mik

Tools -> Priming Calculator

Fill in the amount of beer, the (serving) temperature of the beer, the desired volume and what you are priming with and then press the Calculate button.

Mik
See, I told ya I wasn't no geek! LOL!
When is someone going to come out with a manual that tells me how to do all this stuff? I had qbrew a few years back, but could never figure it out, and haven't been able to make hide nor hair out of Brewsmith's free 30-day trial - I like BrewTarget, there's still some things I can't figure out, but the more you tell me, the more I like it! Thanks!!

See, I told ya I wasn't no geek! LOL!
When is someone going to come out with a manual that tells me how to do all this stuff? I had qbrew a few years back, but could never figure it out, and haven't been able to make hide nor hair out of Brewsmith's free 30-day trial - I like BrewTarget, there's still some things I can't figure out, but the more you tell me, the more I like it! Thanks!!

Help me write it better. Go to About -> Manual and tell me what's missing. One of the big problems I have when writing documentation is I know the code. I tend to not explain it so that somebody who doesn't know the code can figure it out. This is why professional dev shops never let the coders write the test cases :)

I would also like to rework that portion of the manual anyway -- there are tools that I don't understand.

Mik

Help me write it better. Go to About -> Manual and tell me what's missing. One of the big problems I have when writing documentation is I know the code. I tend to not explain it so that somebody who doesn't know the code can figure it out. This is why professional dev shops never let the coders write the test cases :)

I would also like to rework that portion of the manual anyway -- there are tools that I don't understand.

Mik

I'll try to do that .... I may not be on the net much for the next few weeks, but I can do that offline in Libre Office and see if I can word it where the guru (you) can understand the computer illiterate (me)! :D :D

Latest posts

Back