Wisconsin Brewer....finally realizing how AWESOME this lifestyle is!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfal1704

Reaction score
Hey everyone! My name is George, I'm from western Wisconsin, and I've been a small time home brewer for several years. I know, I know. You're shaking your head thinking "He just started his HomeBrewTalk intro out like an AA meeting intro!" Fear not my friends, as this statement is not one of acceptance but of revelation!

For the last few years I have been dabbling in extract brewing with intermittent brews and results ranging from acceptable to a little odd on the finish but still drinkable. What excuse do I have? I was just out of school, young and carefree, I wasn't meticulous about sanitizing, blah, blah....blah. But now, I've finally come around the bend. That AP Chemistry high school student who was overwritten by the college mechanical engineering classes has finally started to emerge again and I find myself ever more intrigued with home brewing, the endless possibilities and most of all the general helpfulness of just about everyone in this culture.

You may have noticed that I called home brewing a lifestyle in the title. I purposely avoided using the term hobby. I have always been a DIY garage mechanic type. And since I am a savage from Wisconsin, I still enjoy a nice cold highlife. Blasphemy you may say...but wait! Imagine the joy it brought me when I realized that I could be brewing my own beer at the price of highlife and yet have so much more satisfaction.

Suffice it to say, I am hooked, as are many others who I have met and have the pleasure of being good friends with. The opportunities to experiment with home brewing are irresistible to me. I rounded off my brewing equipment over the last holiday and once I am finished with my last 3 extract kits, it is off to all grain land for this guy!

I look forward to being a helpful member of this forum as many have helped me already with their posts!

Best regards everyone, and happy brewing!

-gfal1704

And since I am a savage from Wisconsin, I still enjoy a nice cold highlife. Blasphemy you may say...but wait!
-gfal1704

Don't fret...... I still love Milwaukee's Best Light for hot camping or fishing trips. Nothing wrong with some ice-cold carbonated barley water to keep hydrated on a hot day. Welcome.

'I still enjoy a nice cold highlife.' That was the beer that demonstrated what a skunked beer tasted like. Left some in a cold spring for a week, but they were also catching some sun.

Hey there George. What part of Western Wisconsin? I'm originally from Mondovi, just south of Eau Claire. Military has me out in Arizona but I always enjoy talking beer, football, cheese curds and Kraut with my fellow Cheeseheads!! Cheers.

Back