Wilted Magnum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owly055

Reaction score
Of the hops I planted this year, the Magnum was really going to town.... relatively speaking. Today I took a look at the plants, and the Magnum had wilted for no apparent reason. There's nothing visibly wrong with the plant.. as far as damage, and there's plenty of moisture. I'm wondering if something attacked the plant under ground. Cascade, Centennial, and Nugget are all doing fine, the Goldings and Northern Brewer aren't doing much. The NB suffered a rabbit attack that took off the growing tip, and has never gotten up the ambition to take off again.......Gonna kill some bunnies!! Wish I could train my magpies to kill rabbits.... ;-(

Any theories why the magnum would suddenly wilt? I'm in South Central Montana, the weather has been very warm (for here) lately, running into the low 80's at times, nights are always cool..... I'm at 5K MSL.

H.W.

Bunnies again......... I just spotted a chewed place where they chewed the stem about 10" above the ground......It's bunny killing time!

Back