WilliamsWarn Counter Pressure Filler design fix.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDBob

Reaction score
Santa was kind to me this Christmas. He brought me a WilliamsWarn Counter Pressure filler, which arrived 2 days early via Amazon. :rock:

This relatively expensive, highly reviewed filler has one serious flaw. It's entire support structure is garbage, prone to falling over forwards.

Picture this in your mind's eye, with a full growler, as you press the spring loaded base down to remove the growler.
WillWarnOrig.jpg

It ain't happening.

Luckily Santa's elves, recognizing this deficiency, corrected this issue. For about $10.00 in parts (plus a $5.00 flap disc cause this elves' welding skills suck), a good $385.00 counter pressure filler was made into a great counter pressure filler. Like most DIYer's, I forevermore wonder with amazement exactly what it takes to be a design engineer in these days of saving a few bucks to market a marginally functional product. <End of rant>

WillWarnFiller.jpg

Terrible original design, great hack/fix. I hope it gives you many years of great service. Prost!

I own the same bottle filler. 22oz bottle fill great all day, but I had a growler fall over on me. After that I wall mounted it and I've had great success with it. Love what you did with your Unit.

Have you had any problems with bottles sealing against the cone? I was concerned their spring pressure wasn't adequate, and proactively swapped it for a spring I found on eBay described as "Teco 54822 2-5/8"L X 5/8"OD X 7/16"ID 5-Coils/Inch Spring"

It's a perfect fit, and feels MUCH better, although admittedly I never tried the stock spring.

spring.jpg

I haven't had any problems with gas leaking from the bottle no. I may purchase one of those springs and try it out. I'm always up for an improvement.

Back