Will it fail?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it held up in the 5 gallon it should be OK in the 10 gallon. Just don't beat it to death with your paddle.

Copper unless soldered will come apart just as easily as cpvc.....

Sorry. My bad. Main grid is glued just not the 2 parts that are connected by the clear tube.

Upgrade to a proper false bottom. I also have a bag for biab and I use that too when i use the cooler method and there is risk of a stuck mash.... Although I've never had one with the false bottom, I just had a bad experience when I was a novice using a toilet braid thing. Had to stick my hand into 152 degree mash...

False bottom will come later. Right now it's just a cost issue.

It will be fine. Maybe put wire ties or hose clamps on the hose? I doubt that it will come apart as is, though.

Final question. What difference would I see going from this setup to an actual false bottom?

I have a ten gal. mash tun like yours with a 12" domed false bottom and for me my efficiency went up.

Final question. What difference would I see going from this setup to an actual false bottom?

Started out with a manifold. Got sick of stuck mashes. Bought a false bottom and never had an issue since.
Efficiency is just a number (well, as long as you get at least half decent efficiency), no point in changing your setup if you're happy with it.

Back