Why is this forum so dead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great post, would someone like to take this further in-depth for me since I have no sense of time or date-stamps on posts?

why is this forum so dead?

great post, would someone like to take this further in-depth for me since I have no sense of time or date-stamps on posts?

why is this forum so dead?

I have to say. I read the first few posts and was like, what universe is the O.P. in? I was thinking "that is not at all my experience on this forum." I have found that my newb questions are answered by experts within seconds of posting. Kudos to you all!:mug:

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT??

Oh, there you are. Hi.

shhhh.....don't shout, you might scare it back into hiding....

it's one of those rarely seen, and oft wondered about mythological creatures know as "lurkers"

They frighten easily, they're very, very sensitive....

now slowly pass me the net. ;)

Well considering when you go to google and type "home brewing forum" this forum comes up as number one this forum is pretty dead... Is home brewing that much of a obscure pastime or is it just the fact that all us brewers are just to busy enjoying out production :D

Just wondering why since this comes up as number one in google, it isnt a major gathering place?

Jason

Google helps a lot but this forum is fairly new and it just takes awhile to catch on. Plus the lack of posts drive potential members away because they have nothing to respond to.

Just takes time, lots of word of mouth and links.

Ten Year Bump . . .

And yes, thank you TxBrew for such a remarkable forum!

and look at this place now. far from dead and full of helpful people and the sarcastic alike!:rockin:

Ha ha. Can't believe it's been this long. Joined about 4 mo after Tx kicked it off. A lot of names from the past in this thread.

Ha ha. Can't believe it's been this long. Joined about 4 mo after Tx kicked it off. A lot of names from the past in this thread.

That's what I was thinking- lots of people from the past that I remember. I think when I joined there were under 1000 members, and now it's more than 10 times that.

I just hope it doesn't get like Probetalk. Was jumpin up until a couple years ago. My 94 Probe SE tuner is 20 years old this year. Still in pretty good shape considering. Pretty dead over there anymore. Takes a while to get answers & such. But this forum I've noticed has busy days & slow days. The tides around here seem to run with brew days, bottling days & holidays. But speaking of old names & such, you guys gotta read the series of articles texbrew is doing. Brew & A: legends in brewing. Some interesting stuff there, including frau administrator.

Ten Year Bump . . .

And yes, thank you TxBrew for such a remarkable forum!

I'm but a small part. We're a community in all aspects of that word. Without all of you I would be one man alone and no one wants that.

Trust me.

I thank all of you for your time and energy and for making HBT what it is.

I just hope it doesn't get like Probetalk. Was jumpin up until a couple years ago. My 94 Probe SE tuner is 20 years old this year. Still in pretty good shape considering. Pretty dead over there anymore. Takes a while to get answers & such. But this forum I've noticed has busy days & slow days. The tides around here seem to run with brew days, bottling days & holidays. But speaking of old names & such, you guys gotta read the series of articles texbrew is doing. Brew & A: legends in brewing. Some interesting stuff there, including frau administrator.

The Ford probe is a no longer produced vehicle and with no new models being produced coupled with more of the existing models being taken off the road that is to be expected. While I'm sure the home brewing craze (and craft beer craze) will plateau and eventually slow down I don't think we have to worry about that for some time. The only other way I could see the forum slowing down would be bad management turning people off from the site but we definitely don't have to worry about that here!

Yeah, that's true enough of course. but, like Tom Hank's character said in Castaway, you never know what the tide will bring. We just have to take care of this place as best we can. Even though home brewing doesn't have to be as expensive as tuners or hot rods, it can be. And ingredient costs are going up as well. besides natural or man-made disasters, Simple greed & avarice drive prices up & could eventually kill it. Or at least make it cost-prohibitive. :mug:

Yeah, that's true enough of course. but, like Tom Hank's character said in Castaway, you never know what the tide will bring. We just have to take care of this place as best we can. Even though home brewing doesn't have to be as expensive as tuners or hot rods, it can be. And ingredient costs are going up as well. besides natural or man-made disasters, Simple greed & avarice drive prices up & could eventually kill it. Or at least make it cost-prohibitive. :mug:

PSHAW!!

The greedy bastards may get all of the money, but as long as we can grow grains & hops, spark a fire and scavenge for buckets, we'll brew....

long live HBT.

Back