Whitey from the Detroit area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizgig

Reaction score
Hi, I found this forum via all the awesome recipes that google has indexed. I received a Mr. Beer for Xmas, never thought I'd be into brewing as I figured I can buy really good beer here in Michigan, but the process is a lot more interesting and harkens me back to my short lived Chemistry major at the uni (graduated with a Psych degree).

Started with the Mr. Beer can of HME, now I have a couple of kits 2 gallon kits that are steeping grains + DME and hops, and I'm really interested in trying some extract (and eventually all grain) clone recipes of my favorite beers and then tweaking them. I will need to get some better gear, I am outgrowing this Mr. Beer setup quickly, mainly looking to get a 10 gallon brew pot with a spigot and better bottle with racking adapter to start.

Favorite craft beers at the moment: Bell's Two Hearted, Dark Horse Special Black Biere Ale, Midas Touch, Huma Lupa Licious, & Founders Breakfast Stout

Haha, I feel like an old hat at this now, been doing all grain since March, 40 or so batches in, someone woke a zombie thread.

Back