dan@stirstarters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derwin

Reaction score
Hello all,I want to give a quick thank you to dan from stirstarters.com.Thanks for your product and your great service,Minus the usps,I live in a very small town,my package arrived at 7 am,they delivered my normal mail,drove right by,no package,then at 10 30 am i see him driving towards town.No package.So i print out the usps number and go to the post office.They said he's delivering.I leave for work at 2 30 pm and they had the package since 7.So my wife gets home and goes over and gets it no problem.He said there is a law where he cannot back out of driveways!!!!:drunk: and he didnt even leave a note to say pick it up at the post office.So why did he take the package with him if he cant deliver it.geez,Taxpayers are paying for this guys salary and he refuses to do his job.Just drop a note in my mailbox and tell me to come over to the post office,and pick it up you (don't use those words here, please)!!!!:D

Welcome, Derwin. I too have a stir plate from Dan, its great. Delivery guys can be horrible, no doubt. I once had DLS deliver a package correctly addressed to me to a neighbor two blocks away. Not even close.

So what's the first brew you're going to use your new stir plate for?

I have a stirstarter stir plate.. Great product. I use it all the time and have done a ton of starters with it. Great product.

Have a starter of 3724 spinning right now for a brew day tomorrow.

I'm glad to hear that everyone so far loves the stir starters from dan, I just placed an order for one this weekend and am very excited for it to come in!

3+ years and countless starters (~30-40+), and it works great! The lifetime warranty is nice, but I doubt I'll need it.

You've never seen a rant or complaint against stirstarter. Kind of amazing isn't it? Every thing you have ever seen is positive, What more do you need to order?

You've never seen a rant or complaint against stirstarter. Kind of amazing isn't it? Every thing you have ever seen is positive, What more do you need to order?

Yeah, I've seen rants against all other vendors (no need to name names, but ALL of them), except Dan. Sure, his volume is smaller. But, it is a quality product & service.

I ordered a stir starter and a 2L flask on the 14th. I'm pretty excited to try it out. His stir starters really seem like the best deal around, and look way better than any of my diy projects :)

I own one personally and stock it in the shop I manage. In the care event that one fails, Dan replaces it quickly and reliably.

Anyone use this with a 2L flask with a convex bottom? I am wondering how far you all turn the dial to get a good stir going. Seems my bar is rather touchy and doesn't get a good vortex going.

It keeps everything in suspension but it seems to bounce around a bit. Maybe it isn't perfectly centered?

Sorry for the hijack.

I love Dan and his product, own 2 that I use every other week. When one broke, he replaced it within a week and covered shipping.

So I had this dream last night it was raining stir bars of all sizes. I swear. This thread feels serendipitous...

Anyone use this with a 2L flask with a convex bottom? I am wondering how far you all turn the dial to get a good stir going. Seems my bar is rather touchy and doesn't get a good vortex going.

It keeps everything in suspension but it seems to bounce around a bit. Maybe it isn't perfectly centered?

Sorry for the hijack.

Mine has a flat bottom, and works great. I think the convex bottom would be an issue, but I haven't tried it with a jug or growler with a convex bottom- I just use the flat bottomed flask.

I don't know how long I've had mine, but I know that I bought one of the first ones he sold. It seems like it was about 5-6(?) years ago. I've accidentally dropped it, bumped it, etc, and it works just like the day I got it.

Count me in as a Dan stir plate fan!! Fast delivery and works perfectly. Good price and great service!
Enjoy making yeast starters with it.

I am keeping a close eye on Digital Stir Plate designs.
This one looks very interesting.
Australia was at the leading edge of BIAB and it seems we can still come up with some new brewing innovation :mug:

I just ordered a stirplate on sunday the 14
was wondering how long it takes to ship to Pa.
thx

Back