Truly gender-specific hobbies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go to a shop for that. I thought everyone did. I can't keep a straight razor sharp at home.

My tip is frequent stropping. I had a real issue with keeping it sharp too, until I really paid attention to my stropping schedule. Not it's sharp and I get a super smooth shave!

Of course that thing isn't getting close to my man bits.

I didn't know they had Godfather's Pizza in IA,only knew the one in Cinci. Good pies. You're hilarious yooper with calling then...er...the "girls". Never thought of that as the efeminite of "the boys". :D It reminds me of when I walked into 9th grade math,& this cute girl was...errr...relieving herself of some feminin itching. Never thought of the ol' carpet as being itchy.
And something the girls never got into when we were kids was dried weed spear fights. There was this field at the bottom of both dead end streets back home. This form of tall,lanky poison ivy grew there in over abundance. When they died back in the fall,they dried straight,about 2 meters long With a straight tap root. Fibery/woody on the outside,styrofoam like on the inside. We'd pick a bunch of'em & choose up sides. Sort of a Trogolodite Tennis!...

Im not sure I have ever met someone who delivered children for fun. Now that I think of it though... it would appear from the size of some of the broods I have seen that there are people who HAVE kids for a hobby.

CreamyGoodness said:
Im not sure I have ever met someone who delivered children for fun. Now that I think of it though... it would appear from the size of some of the broods I have seen that there are people who HAVE kids for a hobby.

My wife is a midwife. She really enjoys delivering babies. I think she just really enjoys being with pregnant women and all that goes with it. We also have 4 kids of our own, but I got the old snip job a while back.

My wife is a midwife. She really enjoys delivering babies. I think she just really enjoys being with pregnant women and all that goes with it. We also have 4 kids of our own, but I got the old snip job a while back.

But is it a hobby or a paid gig?

Male)
Getting really pissed off and breaking your hand on a steel door
Making makeshift melee weapons (outside of a prison setting)
Female)
Underdressing for the weather (also know as "clubbing")

Nope, gotta strike these. Saw a girl use a chain in a fight who later broke her hand on a steel door. Very angry, very drunk, but kinda hot in a way.

My dad, when he was alive, didn't have any sense of decency. If it got over 90F you just might have had to avert your gaze while pulling into the driveway.

I have a friend who once was an ambulance EMT. He was very happy that he always made it to the hospital before the babies popped out. He said he'd rather be stuck in traffic with a HIV positive meth-head having seizures than have to deliver a baby.

Nope, gotta strike these. Saw a girl use a chain in a fight who later broke her hand on a steel door. Very angry, very drunk, but kinda hot in a way.

My dad, when he was alive, didn't have any sense of decency. If it got over 90F you just might have had to avert your gaze while pulling into the driveway.

Actually thats the opposite of what I meant. Itty bitty shorts and tops in the heat arent just awesome to behold, they make sense. Its hot out! When you see two twentysomethings in stillettos and wearing an outfit using all the material of two cocktail napkins in November at midnight... trying to keep warm off each other waiting for a cab and shivering you gotta wonder why they didnt just wear big coats and check them at the club.

image-186265636.jpg

Actually thats the opposite of what I meant. Itty bitty shorts and tops in the heat arent just awesome to behold, they make sense. Its hot out! When you see two twentysomethings in stillettos and wearing an outfit using all the material of two cocktail napkins in November at midnight... trying to keep warm off each other waiting for a cab and shivering you gotta wonder why they didnt just wear big coats and check them at the club.

Because then they do not look as purdy while walking to the club. Plus when they get drunk they do not want to forget their coat.

Belching competitions
There was nothing quite so uniquely embarrassing in college when I (6'4" 250lbs.) would lose at belching contests to young women who were 5'2" 90lbs.

And it wasn't that I was off my game those nights, they just... wow. Volume, duration, tone, resonance, the whole package.

Ha, that reminds me a "contest" we always had with the city kids when they would come out to the farm. We would make sure we were playing near the pasture after downing a bunch of Kool-Aide. One of us country kids would declare, "Hey I bet I can hit that wire...hmm, I missed. I bet you can't city kid." Within 30 seconds most of us were rolling on the ground in laughter and 1 was rolling on the ground...not laughing.
[ame="http://youtu.be/DbIr8SWCOe0?t=2m58s"]Jump to 2:58[/ame]

krduckman said:
Who can urine the farthest? (Male)

"Writing" stuff in the snow with your urine as well. I've yet to see a woman pull that off...or attempt it for that matter.

"Writing" stuff in the snow with your urine as well. I've yet to see a woman pull that off...or attempt it for that matter.
How about a sand beach along the Root River in southern Minnesota? High school P.E. trip, weeklong canoe float. 6 guys, 4 girls. One night we were sitting along the bank of the river. By the end of the night, each and every one of us had written our names in the sand about 50 yards upstream.

How about a sand beach along the Root River in southern Minnesota? High school P.E. trip, weeklong canoe float. 6 guys, 4 girls. One night we were sitting along the bank of the river. By the end of the night, each and every one of us had written our names in the sand about 50 yards upstream.

I can do it. But my name is LONG (three syllables!). I really have to work at it. :cross:

Back