Which manifold is better?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which manifold is a better design?

• Manifold A

• Manifold B

Results are only viewable after voting.

poislb

Reaction score
Ive been making alot of these latley, been a huge hit among friends and the local home brew shop... Anywho which design is better for the 10 gallon? im sure ya seen the one i made for the 5 gallon, very limited space so theres really only one option for the layout of the cpvc manifold (for me anyway).

So, either A or B?

A has more elbows in it to better support it, and im sure the more elbows the better the flow wil be

B will have more holes drilled but not as stable cause of the long end capped piece.

Just wanted to kinda feel out which is a better design, im pretty sure they will both run fine. Guess it kinda comes down to which is gonna hold up better longer and look nice at the same time;). Thanks for the help.

Top pic is (A)
Bottom pic is (B)

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

Why isnt there one with a tee at the bulkhead and a rectangle formed using 4 90 degree elbows and holes drilled throughout on the bottom side?

Why isnt there one with a tee at the bulkhead and a rectangle formed using 4 90 degree elbows and holes drilled throughout on the bottom side?

Then it would sit about a half inch off the bottom...I could do a T off the bulkhead, then would have to use more 45s to make it sit flat, more money in materials but can be done.... I have to use the 2 45s ya see to make the angle so it sits on the bottom of the cooler, a 90 and another 90 straight off the bulk is too much unless angled ( trying to stay away from a 90 off the bulk (must be the pipe fitter plumber in me) and 2 45s back to back and keeping them straight off the bulk is also to much. (wont fit into my cpvc adapter then)...make sence? thanks for the imput though, much appreciated..

Well, if I have to choose between those, I would go with??????? Check poll results

Well, if I have to choose between those, I would go with??????? Check poll results

Maybe i will sleep on the idea with a T off the bulk, will see what i come up with and post some pics...All of the designs are kinda just seeing what works best..Im actually selling these in my local home brew shop so i wanna make a very nice product..So i appreciate all your imput, its still all pretty new to me still. Im a kinda walk before i crawl kinda person...lol

Then it would sit about a half inch off the bottom...I could do a T off the bulkhead, then would have to use more 45s to make it sit flat, more money in materials but can be done.... I have to use the 2 45s ya see to make the angle so it sits on the bottom of the cooler, a 90 and another 90 straight off the bulk is too much unless angled ( trying to stay away from a 90 off the bulk (must be the pipe fitter plumber in me) and 2 45s back to back and keeping them straight off the bulk is also to much. (wont fit into my cpvc adapter then)...make sence? thanks for the imput though, much appreciated..

How about coming off the bulkhead with one 45* street elbow back to back with one regular 45* elbow. That would make the two together more compact and you should be able to get any angle you need to reach the tee. Keep in mind that the tee connecting the loop can be tilted up some if necessary, but you knew that I am sure. Should be child's play for a pipe fitter. CPVC pipe and fittings are dirt cheap. I would not expect that to be an issue.

Maybe A, but replace the middle cross section with a T and run that to you bulk head.

My copper manifold has a T in the middle with a barbed fitting that I connect to the sipgot with some thermoplastic tubing. It allows me to lift the manifold up a bit and flip it over for cleaning...

This is mine. I like this for a couple reasons. One, the bend, made with a torch held at a distance, causes the manifold to sit flush. Two, the draining is evenly dispersed because it is connected to the middle if the manifold in the center of the tun. The drain slits are only along the outer circle to prevent channelling. There are a few more pics of it in my gallery.

image-1265395947.jpg

This is mine. I like this for a couple reasons. One, the bend, made with a torch held at a distance, causes the manifold to sit flush. Two, the draining is evenly dispersed because it is connected to the middle if the manifold in the center of the tun. The drain slits are only along the outer circle to prevent channelling. There are a few more pics of it in my gallery.

Yes that would be an option, but would rather not heat it up and hope i get a good bend. Im not just making one, im making dozens of them for my local home brew shop.

For the other posts above, Theres no way i can T off the bulk without doing a going up 90 first then another going the opposite direction followed buy a stick of cpvc then 90 down towards the bottom and then T it....if that makes sense...lol could do a couple of hose barbs but want to keep it as clean lined as possible

I did a couple of tests, with my manifold in and with just the bulkhead (no manifold at all)...both have the same amount of pressure coming out so im pretty happy and think its good...

I have some pics i will post later, its kinda cool looking :)

Heres what ive been doing the last few days...lol How ya like my custom sticker over the home depot logo:)

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

Back