Where the heck do you get canned pumpkin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool! It's definitely an interesting way to go about getting those flavors into the primary. You know what might be a neat experiment too is making a similar syrup to use for bottle priming. I'd probably try something like a vanilla bean/pumpkin syrup for that though, since spices might be too strong at that point. I'd also probably use pumpkin juice so there'd be no solids.

Hmmm...maybe something to toy around with for my next year's batch. :rockin:

Awesome!! Can't wait to hear what you come up with!:cross:
Simple syrup (equal parts sugar to water) can be flavored with anything and is probably a good way to impart all kinds of flavors!!
I tested the gravity yesterday and had a sample it was really good!! I think I'll add some brown sugar to secondary, it wasn't as sweet as I was hoping. And it is A LOT of cinnamon.

Awesome!! Can't wait to hear what you come up with!:cross:
Simple syrup (equal parts sugar to water) can be flavored with anything and is probably a good way to impart all kinds of flavors!!
I tested the gravity yesterday and had a sample it was really good!! I think I'll add some brown sugar to secondary, it wasn't as sweet as I was hoping. And it is A LOT of cinnamon.

Sounds like it's coming along nicely. Mine will hit 2 weeks in primary on Sunday, but I'm having trouble holding out from taking a sample so I can taste it. I almost tried it today but resisted.

I'm doing a simple syrup with vanilla bean and vanilla sugar (for bottle priming) for a test batch of graff I have in primary. So that should give me a good indication of how it might work for a pumpkin ale. Hopefully it will be good.

Back