Where are you getting your hops nowadays?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sicktght311

Reaction score
Where are you guys finding the best deals on Hops + Shipping nowadays? Mostly Aroma hops, as a lot of the bittering hops i get i buy in bulk since i use them across multiple different recipes

i don't use a lot of hops, but the hops i use, i buy 4-5 pounds at a time of year old ones from Yakima Valley Hops....

I generally use hops direct, but my hop buying strategy is non-traditional: buy what's on sale and substitute whatever in my beers to fit.

I bought a few pounds years ago.... I am still working through those. I use Farmhouse Brewing Supply. They have 4 ounce packs. I like that I can have more variety and less huge amounts sitting around. I don't like one ounce packs because you end up with a bunch of them and keeping them separate from the rest is a pain. Also, except for bittering hops I rarely use only one ounce.

The best quality I've ever found, and my go-to now, is Ted Hausotter, who sells on Ebay, aka Hop Heaven Inc. I know, Ebay? The guy personally selects his bales direct from the growers, does his own pelletizing, has complete quality control. Sells quantities from 8 oz, whole and pellets. His hops are green, sticky, smelly, and wonderful, you never knew what fresh hops were supposed to be if you haven't tried these. Great pricing and superb shipping too. Just be patient as he gets each year's new crop up on the web store.

I also like Puterbaugh Farms/Hops Direct. Minimum order 1 lb., but also very high quality and I've never had a "pound" of whole cone that wasn't at least 18 oz.

Latest posts

Back