Whats up HBT?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QueenOfBattle

Reaction score
Hey guys, thought I'd introduce myself tonight. I have been lurking around and have asked a few total NOOB questions. I live up in Nor Cal but Im from So Cal, and if you ask anyone from Cal its two different states. Anyway, Just getting started in the home brewing scene, have the keggerator parts on the way, once i get that all installed I'll go ahead and give brewing a shot.
Anyway, thats about it. Oh if anyone is headed to Germany this year let me know I'll be there throwing back the litersteins :tank:

Jon

Queen(ofBattle) Jon?
How'd u come up with that username?

Anyways, welcome to the obsession. And "Howdy" from NC :)

The Infantry is known as the Queen of Battle, after chess. Its regarded as the most versatile piece on the board and in most respects the most important. Ive been in the Infantry the past 13 years and thought "If i ever won the lotto and started my own large scale brewery what would i call it". So thats how I came up with it.

Welcome to HBT. Idk about the temps where you're at,but it's colder than awell diggers bumm around here. Too cold to get out for brew stuff. Hope it's warmer where you are.

The Infantry is known as the Queen of Battle, after chess. Its regarded as the most versatile piece on the board and in most respects the most important. I've been in the Infantry the past 13 years and thought "If i ever won the lotto and started my own large scale brewery what would i call it". So that's how I came up with it.

Nice. No doubt the queen is the strongest piece, but the knight has won many matches for me due to it's non-linear movement and ability to jump other pieces.

And, don't forget about the power of the passed pawn! In fact, my home brewery is PassedPawn Brewing, named after this chess move. Chess players know what it is.

Cheers, and welcome to HBT!

Nice. No doubt the queen is the strongest piece, but the knight has won many matches for me due to it's non-linear movement and ability to jump other pieces.

And, don't forget about the power of the passed pawn! In fact, my home brewery is PassedPawn Brewing, named after this chess move. Chess players know what it is.

Cheers, and welcome to HBT!

Yea, theres not really a Knight of Battle, there is a King of Battle and that is Artillery, (well for the Army at least) Ive herd from a few Marines I know say that Infantry is King of Battle. Either way for me its Queen of Battle.

Welcome to HBT. Idk about the temps where you're at,but it's colder than awell diggers bumm around here. Too cold to get out for brew stuff. Hope it's warmer where you are.

I'm still getting used to Nor Cal and to me its freezing. Im used to 70 degrees year around. Ive never had to de-ice my car before. HA! Cant wait till it warms up a bit, I get tired of waiting for "frost delays" at the golf course

The Infantry is known as the Queen of Battle, after chess. Its regarded as the most versatile piece on the board and in most respects the most important. Ive been in the Infantry the past 13 years and thought "If i ever won the lotto and started my own large scale brewery what would i call it". So thats how I came up with it.

Salute.

What unit are you in. I was 3/8 in Mainz while in germany 4th ID the rest of my time.

Mech rules:rockin:

National Guard, 1/160th INF (40th ID) out of Fullerton Ca. Been thinking about reclassing to 31B, the body is just getting old on me, I tell people Im the oldest 31yo I know.

National Guard, 1/160th INF (40th ID) out of Fullerton Ca. Been thinking about reclassing to 31B, the body is just getting old on me, I tell people Im the oldest 31yo I know.

Speaking of Cali have you been to NTC down south there. I used to love rotating through there but I loved going downrange no matter where. Hehe I was not much of a garrison type. Matter of fact I was in the Cpt office so many times he made me his driver.

Speaking of Cali have you been to NTC down south there. I used to love rotating through there but I loved going downrange no matter where. Hehe I was not much of a garrison type. Matter of fact I was in the Cpt office so many times he made me his driver.

oh ive had my fair share of time spent at NTC. Couldnt stand going in August, 115 plus degrees is never fun. I too enjoyed the field a lot more than garrison. In fact i couldnt name a single person in my unit that wouldn't take the field over garrsion.

Back