what the hell did i get into, wa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poison

Reaction score
Hey all!!!

decided to get into this hobby after seeing a local display at my county fair. Ive been reading nonstop for the past few weeks and decided to go all out for this thing. I am gonna do my first brew tommorow, All Grain!!!!! skipping some steps and going straight to the top. Ive written a pretty decent step by step guide for myself and if it works as planned I may take some pics and get it on this site someday. I wouldnt be here if it werent for all you knowledged fellows trolling around here..... Thanks!!!!!!!!!

congrats, all grain isn't as big of a deal as a lot of people make it out to be. i did one extract batch over a year ago and have been all grain ever since. two pieces of advice that i always stuggled with was strike water temp when mashing in.

this is a good calculator to figure that out.... http://rackers.org/calcs.shtml/

other than that, follow john palmer's recommended mash and sparge volumes on www.howtobrew.com and you'll be fine.

good luck!

and welcome to the obsession... err i mean hobby.

I like your style, why waste time, I'll have the "extra large" please. Do you have one with more horsepower? It's just the way guys like us are wired. :tank:

Yeah!
We convert folks at the County Fair too!

'cause making muffins and marmalade well that looks.....

Not as good!

I also skipped the powdered beer stages, Just expensive, and not as fun at all. Good luck, and don't get distraught if you screw up a bathch or too, you'll still leanrn alot more from that in the long run, and learn it alot faster, have fun!

Back