What it do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostDog

Reaction score
Alive in the 5-1-2. Finishing first batch ever: bottled a double chocolate stout last weekend. And I'm really pissed I broke my hydrometer.

That's a heavy place to start. About the only people who haven't broken a hydrometer are the ones that don't use them. I had one drying in the sink tray, picked it up by the tip and it shattered.

That's a heavy place to start. About the only people who haven't broken a hydrometer are the ones that don't use them. I had one drying in the sink tray, picked it up by the tip and it shattered.

Makes me feel a little better. I think this batch will turn out pretty good. Had no contamination (that I could see or smell) during primary or secondary. I think I get a +5 bonus to all my rolls since I'm Irish.

I broke 2 hydrometers just looking at them it seems.. Important safety tip never leave an uncleaned hydrometer laying around where the dog can lick it and flip it off the counter to shatter on the kitchen floor.. ;) Welcome to the forum..

Welcome :)
I must be in a minority, since I have never broke a hydrometer, use them all the time, and I have 2.

Back