What is this? Bits of yeast cake?...or something worse.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEREKsims

Reaction score
Went to add honey to my beer today and found bits of what looks like yeast cake floating. It's been in secondary for a week and I'm about to add 3 oz of honey mixed with water and let it set another week and then on to bottleing. But anyways. What is that?

Forgot to add the picture lol
20190704_154043.jpg

I mixed 4 oz of organic honey in boiling water and then crashed it in ice water down to 80 degrees and then pitched it. Slowly swirled it in the carboy. Put my airlock back on and set it back above my fridge in the cabinet. Good? This is my first batch. Its northern brewers all extract Irish red ale.

I mixed 4 oz of organic honey in boiling water and then crashed it in ice water down to 80 degrees and then pitched it. Slowly swirled it in the carboy. Put my airlock back on and set it back above my fridge in the cabinet. Good? This is my first batch. Its northern brewers all extract Irish red ale.
Yep, that should work!

Back