What have I got myself into?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auferret

Reaction score
Not new to beer but new to the idea of making my own. I built a keezer recently and bought a few kegs from a friend. He told me that it was easy to do so I have been rabidly watching videos and reading. I have been lurking on this forum for a while and finally registered. I'd like to thank everyone in advance as I have learned a lot here so far.

Not new to beer but new to the idea of making my own. I built a keezer recently and bought a few kegs from a friend. He told me that it was easy to do so I have been rabidly watching videos and reading. I have been lurking on this forum for a while and finally registered. I'd like to thank everyone in advance as I have learned a lot here so far.
Welcome to the obsession!

I went to the home-brew store with my husband today; he was very impressed with it. I have started this hobby, too, and am only held back by the hot summer temperatures in my basement. Soon we will get 1-gallon wine kits (I am already making different kinds of elderberry wine from dried berries/concentrate in anticipation of growing them and harvesting them next year) and have made some not-very-good mead (It tastes like beer despite the herbal tea and vanilla beans) in the ambient temp of the upper 70s. This all started with kombucha! I am brewing that on top of the fridge.

Back