What do i need?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craigaria

Reaction score
Looking to do a kegarator at my bar. I was going to recess the kegarator into the bottom of the bar and I'd like to have the tap on the top of the bar. I'm completely new to this.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220326_211032.jpg
    20220326_211032.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 39
Welcome aboard!
I haven't built a bar, just my kegerator. I think if you read through the builds, you'll find some inspiration. Good luck, keep us posted.

Some more info on the dimensions of your bar (it looks pretty cool, BTW) would be helpful. It appears that the bar is relatively shallow, front to back, and that there’s no access to the back of the bar (it looks like it’s up against an outside wall). Most small refrigerators or chest freezers would be deeper than your bar. Maybe you could put the kegerator/keezer at the left end of the bar and, if necessary, build a base which would raise the top of the unit flush with the bar top.

The bar is 20-1/2" deep but I could gain another 3.5" if I changed the rear framing if needed to fit the fridge or even let the fridge extend out of the front a couple inches

I wasn't really building the bar around doing a kegarator, it is just an afterthought and may be more of a pain than it's worth. I just thought it would be cool to come home and pour a frosty mug, lol.

Thanks for the compliments, btw

Back