What coffee has the least caffeine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamLuna

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
For many people, coffee is an indispensable drink for them. Drinking in the morning will help them stay awake for a productive day. But as everyone knows, in coffee contains a substance is caffeine, this is an addictive substance. So if I use it a lot in the long term, I fear it will affect my health. Can anyone tell me which coffee contains the least caffeine? So that I can both enjoy the delicious taste of the coffee while avoiding any adverse effects on my health.
Thanks everyone.

Well...decaffeinated coffee. (Sorry, couldn't resist.) ;)

To be honest, I'm not sure how different varieties and sources stack up in caffeine content. Generally, Arabica beans contain less than Robusta, and most better coffees are the former. But still a lot of caffeine in many Arabicas. I buy a lot of greens and have never seen any content data on the packaging. Are you looking for true decaf, of just coffee with reduced caffeine? Decaffeination is a process, usually done with steam, liquid CO2, or some solvent to extract it.

Are you roasting your own coffee? If so, it's not hard to find decaffeinated greens. If you're not roasting and just want to buy coffee, maybe ask around a few of your local coffee roasters. A good coffee shop may sell roasted decaf beans. You don't have to settle for grocery store decaf.

Back