Wet Hops for sale in January! We grow indoors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

24 Hour Hops

Year Round Wet Hops Grown Indoors
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say "Hi" and let you know that we grow wet hops year-round in a green house. We love the aroma of wet hopped beer and thought it should be an option for home brewers (the big hop farms sell in quantities only a commercial brewer could use).

We cater directly to home brewers with order minimums of 4 ounces. We ship within hours of picking the hops, wrap it in insulation, and include an ice pack. We've got Chinook, Cascade, and Columbus. You can view more/order at 24hourhops.com

Here's the cool part- the people that order will be the first ever to brew winter wet hop beer. This is our first off-season harvest and we are the first to try this so it's a way to differentiate your brew.

For those of you not familiar with wet hop brewing- We have example recipes on our website (24hourhops.com) and you can ask questions here. Most people dry hop with them which leaves a very fresh and juicy aroma.

A few pictures of the green house and some tasty hops. More on our instagram

We look forward to hearing how your brews go!

Cheers,
Kyle
24hourhops.com

Hoprows.jpg
Tasty Hops.JPG
Small Green House.JPG

Thanks to everyone who's ordered so far. We just added some more quantity as the yield looks to be bigger than we expected!

This is awesome. I look forward to ordering!

Look like you harvest every 5th week? Where are you located?

This is awesome. I look forward to ordering!

Look like you harvest every 5th week? Where are you located?

Hi RPH,

We are located in sunny Phoenix, Arizona. We are still working getting into a pattern for harvesting but for now, our next one is mid-Jan.

We wrap the hops in insulation and include a freeze pack so you'll get them super fresh (even in Cleveland!).

Let me know if you have any questions with the ordering process.

Best,
Kyle

This is pretty cool. I was just looking into wet hopping techniques after finding a local company that allows customers to pick their own hops. This seems like a cool way to get around waiting for their harvest.

Just curious, how quickly would you recommend using these after taking delivery?
Looks like it can take up to a couple days to ship to St. Louis and I read a few places that you want to use wet hops within 48 hours of picking them.

This is pretty cool. I was just looking into wet hopping techniques after finding a local company that allows customers to pick their own hops. This seems like a cool way to get around waiting for their harvest.

Just curious, how quickly would you recommend using these after taking delivery?
Looks like it can take up to a couple days to ship to St. Louis and I read a few places that you want to use wet hops within 48 hours of picking them.

Hi Fox,

When we ship we wrap the hops in insulation and include a freezer pack so they hold up pretty well during shipping.

Last harvest I put some hops in the fridge (aka dark and cool) and they lasted a week before I noticed any change. But you can tell us the ship date so if we picked on Wednesday and you brewed on Saturday/Sunday you'd be fine.

One last note- "big hop farms" often have a couple days between when they mass pick the hops and the time it's individually wrapped and shipped so it they start the clock a little later. On the other hand, we pick them and then drive right to USPS so you've got a head start right there.

We look forward to hearing how your brew goes!

Best,
Kyle

Back