Western New York

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minnesota here. I like both wine and beer, but I'll leave the wine making to the pros.

I hear ya chumprock. I was just over in Rochester yesterday. Any good brew supply places over there? I mostly go to Niagara Tradition in Buffalo, they seem to have good prices and are pretty helpful.

the LHBS here is dismal, and I end up buying most of my stuff online.

We do have a couple really good beer stores though.

Hello there from another upstater. I live in the Saratoga area now but lived in Rochester for 3 years prior to this.

There were 2 places I would go for brew supplies, Sunset Hydroponics and Home Brewing in Victor. And Beers of the World in Henrietta. Sunset had just opened when I was there so they didn't have all their stuff set up yet but they did have a pretty good selection and they were moving in the right direction. Beers of the world had a smaller selection but what they did have was pretty good stuff.

Yeah, Sunset has two locations now. Victor and Greece. Their supplies are abyssimal, but you can usually get by with a few things in a pinch if you need them.

BOTW has an ok supply selection, but their prices are a little higher, and I can't walk out of that place without spending a fortune on the bottle selections... :cross:

Yeah, Sunset has two locations now. Victor and Greece. Their supplies are abyssimal, but you can usually get by with a few things in a pinch if you need them.

Yeah that was the first place I ever went so I really didn't know any better. And I did notice a marked improvement in their quality of supplies so I figured they were heading in the right direction. Haven't been there in like a year and a half now though.

BOTW has an ok supply selection, but their prices are a little higher, and I can't walk out of that place without spending a fortune on the bottle selections... :cross:

So true.

Back