West Roxbury, Ma. tips a mug at all y'all...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidewinder02132

Reaction score
Hello there! It's been a long day, but I finally had a moment to tip a mug to all y'all! :mug: I started brewing at the start of the year and now find myself
1. obsessed with beer making
2. unable to order a beer at any bar
3. growing my own hops (see 1)
4. developing a production schedule to reach a stable supply of conditioning beer
5. really appreciating the information on this site
6. using the money I save on Mass transport to buy more ingredients :ban:
7. looking forward to a Ma homebrew gathering
8. making pictures of the enzymes used in the wort process (see 1)
9. shopping at the local home brew store under any circumstance
10. opening that next home brew :tank:

Thanks to for all the brilliant insights, the great site, and I look forward to sharing a beer with all y'all.

pablo

Welcome Pablo... this "Hobby" is definately more like an obsession. It's wicked addicting!! Sounds like you got it bad, but you're in good company.

Hey there,
What a day! Good to come home, have a relaxing walk, some grub, and a homebrew. Makes the world appear not so dim. :drunk: Somebody, I apologize for not copying the quote, asked where I shopped. I used to go to a store in cambridge, but now I'm spending most of my time/money at Beer-Wine in Woburn. A great store AND they hooked me up some hops that are starting to grow quite nicely now. I have to move them into the ground, they're in pots, this weekend. I love the summer growing up here.

Hi sidwinder, I am a few miles away from you..!

Interesting gallery you got.

You ought to keep an eye for gatherings in the area, they are fun and educational at the same time.

I would love to do some brewing with folks. This weekend I'm brewing a vanilla cream ale and a pale ale, both are extract brews. I gotta go shopping this weekend (Woburn) so if anyone is looking to carpool and ingredient gather, let me know. I was going to transplant my hops this weekend as well, so it'll be a beer-themed weekend! :ban:

I may join.. I need some mead and beer yeasts, Let me know via PM.

I may brew a stout (3rd all-grain, baby steps), but schedule is iffy, unless I start way early Saturday...

Anyway, you are practically next door, so there will be other opportunities!

Welcome! Glad to see new england brewing is one more strong!:rockin:
Are you using Cheese's VCCA recipe? I'd love to swap my version with yours

Welcome to the area, if you are looking for a local club, the boston wort processers have meetings in the area with some frequency www.wort.org.

Interesting gallery you got.

~~~In this image, the active site of beta glucanase is shown with a sugar analog present in one of the four active sites. The amino acids within beta glucanase are shown at full scale while the sugar analog is shown as a ball and stick representation for clarity.~~~

I don't understand why you felt the need to belabor the obvious?

PTN

PTN, with a Ph.D. I am obligated to fulfill my duties and pile the information on higher and deeper while maintaining a death-grip on the obvious.:fro:

Good to see some people from the area. There is a pretty decent shop in Walpole if you ever treck your way out there.

Good to see some people from the area.
Like BJM said, there is a pretty active brewing community around here. Join in hte forums and make some friends. Sharing beer with your new friends will make you an instant "Good Guy."

There is a pretty decent shop in Walpole if you ever treck your way out there.

A much better alternative is to go over to Foxborough to The Witches Brew. Although they have limited hours, Th, Fri evenings and Saturday afternoons, they have anything you need and the owner is a good guy.

PTN

Like BJM said, there is a pretty active brewing community around here. Join in hte forums and make some friends. Sharing beer with your new friends will make you an instant "Good Guy."

A much better alternative is to go over to Foxborough to The Witches Brew. Although they have limited hours, Th, Fri evenings and Saturday afternoons, they have anything you need and the owner is a good guy.

PTN

you forgot to mention he's got 2 beers on tap most of the time as well.

:)

Only on days of the week that end in Y. Hey, I thought you were going out tonight to drink some cask ale with me? I mean Smurf?

I'm an early riser which means an early sleeper. We got there around 6:30 split a sampler ordered food got a pint each off the cask and called it a night.
The place was packed. The guy that clued us in to it hadn't made it when we left. I'll have to send smurfy a sorry if he showed up after the fact.

All y'all are great...
I was thinking about finding a cask that I could condition my next beer into and throw a wicked cask party. After reading the continuing thread, I think that may be my summer/autumn treat to myself and amigos! :tank:

Back