What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saint Somewhere, if you are into Belgians, and 7venth Sun are both supposed to be really good. I'm sure there are a few other smaller ones. Definitely check out Cigar City, they have a great taproom and a bunch of Tampa Bay/brewery only beers. Plan on shipping a box of beer to yourself.

7venth Sun and St Somewhere are both worth a visit. Only had one beer from each, but both beers were as good or better than the CCB stuff I've tried.

Live Oak Hefe at Hopdoddy in South Austin. Great Hefe!

Any Texas folks have other recommendations? Either for beers or places to get said beers? Going to be traveling weekly to Austin for the next year. First night is off to a good start.

Definitely. For bars hit draught house, hopsfield, flying saucer, black star co-op (brew pub), uncle billies (also a brew pub), and whip in(a must), penthouse pizza (awesome place).

For beers try hops and grain, jester king, other live oak, rogness, Austin beer works, adelberts, real ale, thirst planet, (512) for Austin for other Texas beers try deep ellum if you can find it, lakewood, southern star, st Arnolds, branchline, ranger creek and what ever Texas brews. Enjoy man!

Gabe we gotta hear the story mate. All of our dogs drank for you guys a few pages back

Shortish version - I've driven up there 6 out of the last 7 days, 100+ miles roundtrip. Sunday I got two calls, one wrong dog and one false spotting. I'm leaving for club meeting tonight, phone rings, she says she's had my dog for two weeks. He's been gone a week, so I'm doubtful, but apparently someone is even worse with time than I am, because his face was sticking out of her barn when I got there. He was maybe 3, 5 at most miles from my friends house he ran off from, but more like 8-10 on the roads. I'd driven past where he was 6 times looking for him. I'm happy, which only happens a few times a year at best. :D

Shortish version - I've driven up there 6 out of the last 7 days, 100+ miles roundtrip. Sunday I got two calls, one wrong dog and one false spotting. I'm leaving for club meeting tonight, phone rings, she says she's had my dog for two weeks. He's been gone a week, so I'm doubtful, but apparently someone is even worse with time than I am, because his face was sticking out of her barn when I got there. He was maybe 3, 5 at most miles from my friends house he ran off from, but more like 8-10 on the roads. I'd driven past where he was 6 times looking for him. I'm happy, which only happens a few times a year at best. :D

That's awesome. Glad he's home! And you made your club meeting.

That's awesome. Glad he's home! And you made your club meeting.

I was miserable. I think I'll finish giving him a mohawk and maybe put some bows in his hair as punsihment tomorrow.

Club meeting - I got myself some triple and then not so discreetly dumped it. The brewer didn't see me, but he people who did were cracking up. I know when my beers have fusels (sorry Wes), how can you not taste the burning?

TNGabe said:

Gabe, that's awesome you found your friend! My stupid cat ran off a week ago and decided to go on a walkabout the whole day. I didn't think he'd come back at all. He showed up scratching at the door at dusk. Animals are certainly amazing creatures!

More Big Red Coq this ones for Grand Rapids the now undisputed Beer City USA!!! I think I will save the IPA Mead for tomorrow. But gotta love the label

evilgenius.jpg

ForumRunner_20130513_232714.jpg

TNGabe said:
Wahoo! Will be drinking shortly to celebrate!

A day late but glad you found your buddy man I didn't read past your post so forgive me if it was already answered where you find him? Some local take care of him while he was out and about on the country side?

Edit: read it after posting lol still glad ya found him

That is a terrapin that I have not had (yet if anyone is interested in a trade) :mug:

Good to see you enjoying the Moose Drool some don't care for it I like it ok but I like that Bitterroot brewing nut brown better and I can get it for 3 something a bomber. The seasonal Red Dread imperial supply is running low in stores so I'm gonna need to stock up on it soon before they put out their huckleberry honey summer beer.

Finishing a water at work but getting ready to leave the office and I will find something cold in the fridge at home soon.

Huckleberry Honey from Bitter Root, lets work that out later too.

nukebrewer said:
I found another one hiding!

Next time I take a trip to troegs Ill PM you and see if you want whatever I can get fresh down there I know hop back and perpetual are usually always fresh in the shop and troegenator is an awesome beer if you haven't had it. Flying moufulin(sp) is amazing and I still have 4 nugget nectars I could part with one with. Not sure when I'm getting back down there but figured I would let ya know we can work something out

Had a stone Enjoy By, pretty good stuff. Honestly tastes like wild grapes I used to eat as a kid. Then followed by a Avery Maharaja, now that is some good ****. And 10+% to boot. Definitely a lottle splurge for a week night. But considering its craft beer week im gonna have sone awesome brews this whole week.

Im having some Stone Old Guardian Oaked - Smoked Barley Wine. 2013 Odd Year Release. :mug:

seigex said:
HB Hefeweizen.. about to blow the keg, one or two more drinks left.

I said that about a keg of cream ale a few week ago. It didn't work out as well as I thought. I figured on 2 or 3 pints, and ended up calling it quits after 7. The next day, I got a 1/2 pint out of the keg, and nothing but foam afterward. I quit counting pints in the keg after that.

You've got a point, won't complain if I have more :mug: I've wasted a lot of this keg though due to horrible foaming. Finally got it in order as the keg level dropped to near the bottom. Wasted almost half a keg :mad: Luckily it was a quick extract I brewed to have something on tap while I got my pipeline going, and got the foaming worked out for my Addicted Coffee Stout I have fermenting :D

2011 Alexana Winery 2011 Revana Pinot Noir ~ Willamette Valley, Oregon. Wife brought some free wine home from work!

image-2521924614.jpg

Apfelwein that only I will drink.

My only question is... why? Did you mess it up, or do the people around you just not enjoy it? Because if you do it right, anybody that broadly likes white wine shouldn't mind it ;)

My only question is... why? Did you mess it up, or do the people around you just not enjoy it? Because if you do it right, anybody that broadly likes white wine shouldn't mind it ;)

I must have messed it up cause nobody likes it.

I have a few pounds of grass seed, some mulch and a yard of manure, I'll see what I can do with that.

I must have messed it up cause nobody likes it.

I have a few pounds of grass seed, some mulch and a yard of manure, I'll see what I can do with that.

I'll ask you what the particulars were when I'm in a better state of mind, if you don't mind. :)

I don't mean to be insulting in the least. But none of that second paragraph makes sense to me! Unless you're using your own apples...

Back