Is there anything nicer than....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty excited for that first hopping addition as well. Nothing like that aroma!

I have a habit of cutting open the hop bags and taking in a few deep sniffs then resealing them prior to brewday...

Funny the smell of some types remind me of my younger days. Almost afraid to get pulled over on the way home.

Right there, guys.

I cut open the bag, dump the hops in and jam my face/nose into the bag...I just cannot get enough of that smell.

In my rather limited experience brewing beer I have only used pellet hops, but a while back someone broke out a bag of leaf hops during a demonstration. I asked if it would be ok to taste some, and he gave me just about a full fresh cone. I think he was a little surprised that I chewed it like gum.

I really think certain hops in very small quantities would be nice in stuffing...

CreamyGoodness said:
In my rather limited experience brewing beer I have only used pellet hops, but a while back someone broke out a bag of leaf hops during a demonstration. I asked if it would be ok to taste some, and he gave me just about a full fresh cone. I think he was a little surprised that I chewed it like gum.

I really think certain hops in very small quantities would be nice in stuffing...

You might be onto something there. I was roasting a chicken whilst brewing the other day and thought that the aromas really complimented each other.

the smell of that first hop addition?

Every time it blows me away.

What does it for you?

since the header isn't about hops, and the question is "what does it for you?"

I'll add:

Is there anything nicer than...

coming home from work and your significant other is 'in the mood'... and supper just has to wait until later?

that may defy the spirit of the question in a beer forum, but to answer honestly...there you have it.

Hang Glider said:
since the header isn't about hops, and the question is "what does it for you?"

I'll add:

Is there anything nicer than...

coming home from work and your significant other is 'in the mood'... and supper just has to wait until later?

that may defy the spirit of the question in a beer forum, but to answer honestly...there you have it.

Hey man, it's in general chit chat so whilst that wasn't exactly where I was headed, it's open ended lol.

I will concede that " playtime" with swmbo, might be better than the smell of hops (unless its a fresh harvest of citra of course!)

Am I to understand that HG is back in the ole' saddle?

James, thank you!
YES, HG is back to getting his wick wet on a regular basis with a sweet honey.
and last weekend she helped me brew an IPA !

she's a Mic Ultra fan, so give me some time on converting her, but at least she's interested in the process.

now, if I can get her to let me rub some hops on her...OMG...:D

Back