Want your stainless & copper cheap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverbeer

Reaction score
I put an ad on craiglist looking for brewing stuff. I had a man call me , the only call I got, asked me what I was lookin for I told him brew pots, carboys anything, he said he had a brew pot , I asked him what size it was and he told me 125 gal. Wow, that was a little bigger than I was lookin for , but we got to talkin and come to find out he's a welder at a paper mill, and bout all they use is stainless. He, like me hates to see anything go to waste, so if they tell him to trash it, it goes in his truck.
Here's a pic of a bucket of stainless he was kind enough to give me. I tried to buy it and he told me he'd charge me what he paid for it, nothing.
He has made friends with the guys at 1 of the industrial recycling yards.
This is a good place to find stainless & copper pipe and fittings. Find one go see em , some will sell to you if you ask the right person. I called around and they all said we don't sell to the public but I went around to one and found the right guy ,they were happy to sell to me, especially after he found out that I was brewing beer and offered to bring him some next time.
The 2nd pic is the beginning of my RIM, this all came from the bucket, except the heat tube, it came from fleabay. I going to have my themo sensor on the outlet side. Is that correct?
About everything I have learned about brewing has come from this forum.
So I hope this will help somebody. It is free to post on craiglist and it costs nothing but a little gas to go visit the recycle yards. You'll be amazed at what you can find.

DSCN2721.jpg

DSCN2722.jpg

Back