• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Alabama sanke spear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would a valve be the same as a coupler, like a type D sanke coupler?

The spear is the 'dip tube' that draws the beer from the bottom of the commercial sanke kegs. They are much bigger than the dip tubes we are accustom to in our corny kegs.

The type D coupler used to tap sanke kegs and draw from them with our homebrew gear is not the same thing.

So basically you made a keggle and are selling the spear out of the sanke? If you get $15 for it, I've got 2 more that I'd gladly sell at that price...

Basically its the cost of shipping. I feel like I am on another site with all the thread $h*tying I have seen lately.

nedvalton said:
Basically its the cost of shipping. I feel like I am on another site with all the thread $h*tying I have seen lately.

Lol, I hear ya. It's pretty funny that no one gets the fact that some of us use sanke kegs (as kegs!) and could probably use a spare spear or two.... Now if you would have posted the item as FREE, buyer pays shipping you would have got a bunch of posts congratulating you on your efforts to support the community! Carry on!

I'm not crapping on you man - I had no idea people actually wanted them! I figured they were a high supply, low demand item so mine sit in a pile of random scrap metal waiting for some project to appear. I realize that it's hard to properly emote over the internet, so my bad if you took my comment as a slight - it was meant as genuine surprise and somewhat of a 'damn, why didn't I think of that...'

I'm not crapping on you man - I had no idea people actually wanted them! I figured they were a high supply, low demand item so mine sit in a pile of random scrap metal waiting for some project to appear. I realize that it's hard to properly emote over the internet, so my bad if you took my comment as a slight - it was meant as genuine surprise and somewhat of a 'damn, why didn't I think of that...'

Its all good man. Sorry I misunderstood. I have seen people selling and asking before and figured I would try and help someone out. If it stays I will find some clever use for it. No hard feelings at all. Partly my frustration wasn't even with my own thread. I have seen tons of people being bitter lately. We all gotta help each other. We are all newbies and learning. Its what this hobby is about, growing and helping others.

I'm new to the forum, if I'm interested in that spear do I need to send a pm? How does that work?

I was thinking I could use one of these to do a return to the tun. Let me know if it goes

Wonder if I could connect it to a tri clover? Will check later, interested.

Back