Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet thanks for the Battle Beast news....This is, again, one of those times I feel like I should have known. But there's just too much out there to keep track of.

I'm a huge metalcore fan. I'm also probably a lot younger than most of you. This is one of my favorite bands currently.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sMjtu5JefSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That would explain your liking of Metalcore ;) (no offense :mug:)

Don't get me wrong, I have a great appreciation for the bands that paved the way for the music I enjoy today. I grew up on Pantera, Slayer, Megadeth, quicksand, prong, etc. I just got tired of the old stuff, and gravitated to the new.

Are metalcore fans given the "we don't like your kind around here" treatment? If so, I will bow out :)

Not a big five finger death punch fan but WOW the new song with Rob Halford is pretty good

Are metalcore fans given the "we don't like your kind around here" treatment? If so, I will bow out :)

Not at all, just like with any other sub-genre there's good and bad. Personally I think I outgrew most of the core sub-genres pretty early on after their inception, though occasionally I still hear the occasional core band that I like, or can at least tolerate. I also think that the core market (so to speak) is pretty much flooded with a lot of garbage right now which doesn't really help either.

So, that said, post away and impress us all with some good metalcore for a change.

:mug:

Not so Christian if he is gonna kill his wife

He actually renounced his faith not too long ago. He has a great attorney, and the prosecution still hasn't provided the audio evidence of him saying it. It's a little odd that his wife's husband is a police officer in the same city in which he was arrested. It's a little too coincidental.

I'm a little biased though. I just saw AILD a couple months ago.

Did not have time to look back and see if this was posted yet, but WOW what a song and what a video!:rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fq1gb50iobU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

new Phil..

so i like bits and pieces.. but after the first listen, it seems more of a cluster f^ck of time changes....

i love this thing though if you've never heard it; Dime and Phil (Pantera) with Sean of White Zombie recording some off hand song in the middle of the night while they were on tour in '92..
:cross:

Last edited by a moderator:
new Phil..

so i like bits and pieces.. but after the first listen, it seems more of a cluster f^ck of time changes....

Yeah, pretty weak... He continues to disappoint. I did hear some BM project he was involved with recently that was fairly decent. Can't remember off the top of my head but I'll look it up if you're interested.

Latest posts

Back