Name my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridire

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I name all of my beers and make labels (yes, I realize what a pain in the ass it is but so is brewing beer instead of just buying it - I enjoy the labels).

I am looking for a good name for my blonde ale.

Any witty ideas? Let 'er rip.

Goldilocks? I could go down the blonde joke road but I will try and be the better man this morning...

I made a Blonde Ale for our annual Pig Roast...named it Miss Piggy Blonde Ale

That's good...but not applicable.

I'm not completely wed to the name having any meaning to "blonde". I just thew out the style so as to eliminate things like "Dark Forest" or anything insinuating this is a dark or hoppy beer.

For the record, it has a very slight hint of vanilla and orange. I am reluctant to name it anything like "creamcicle" because it is a fairly straight forward beer and I do not want people to think it is a "fruit beer" or something really odd. The tastes from the vanilla and orange zest are VERY faint.

Homebrewing is a pain in the ass to you?

No, my point was that making labels and names isn't either. If I just wanted "easy", I'd go buy a sixer at the corner store. So, I make labels and name my beers because I like to do so. That was just to pre-empt the "it's silly to name your beers" comments. Frankly, it's no more silly than brewing your own beers, is it?

No I don't thing its silly at all. I was attempting to name my last brew which is northern brewers dead ringer. Ironically or coincidentally I dropped my cell phone in the kettle with 3, yes 3, damned minutes left so guess what its officially named. Dead ringer lol.

Hmmm...just had an idea.

"Alice's Looking Glass Ale"

Not sure I like it but I could certainly put a picture of a "blonde" on the label.

EDIT: I have previously made and named this beer but it turned out so well that I have decided it will probably be the staple of my pipeline and I want to have a name I really like so I can repeat it and those I share it with will recognize what it is.

How 'bout just looking glass ale? Then put a blonde on the label that resembles Alice. "Hey,I didn't know your name was alice,man!".
Alice Bowie's Best.:D Then get a scene shot from the Cheech 'n Chong cartoon of Alice Bowie...

Can't go wrong with a picture of Vanilla Ice on the bottle. Maybe.

As your wife, I'm sure she'll have awesome ideas. I'm about ready to bottle an IPA to take to a rented beach house (family reunion) and so I named it Beach Hopper IPA. My idea for a label would have a dune buggy mid-air off a sand dune. Her idea would have a picture of her grandparents. Facepalm. No labels on this batch, but when I make it again (after the reunion) it'll have a f***in dune buggy on the bottle.

Can't go wrong with a picture of Vanilla Ice on the bottle. Maybe.

As your wife, I'm sure she'll have awesome ideas. I'm about ready to bottle an IPA to take to a rented beach house (family reunion) and so I named it Beach Hopper IPA. My idea for a label would have a dune buggy mid-air off a sand dune. Her idea would have a picture of her grandparents. Facepalm. No labels on this batch, but when I make it again (after the reunion) it'll have a f***in dune buggy on the bottle.

Funny thing about that whole post - (1) I have a picture of Vanilla Ice on my phone that I took when he was on my flight several years ago; (2) I own a dune buggy.

:cool:

Or maybe I should go with this:

Generic-Beer-Cans-Self-Opening-10-12oz-August-Schell-Brewing-Company_44822-1.jpg

This we can work with. You need a picture of you, eating an orange, holding up a picture of Vanilla Ice, while sitting in your dune buggy. Call it "Random Awesomeness Blonde Ale". If you have a top hat and monocle, it'd bump up the awesome points.

It'd be a great conversation starter. Explain the orange, vanilla ice, and the dune buggy. Then when they ask about the hat and monocle, be like "Ya know what, I've actually never noticed that before."

This we can work with. You need a picture of you, eating an orange, holding up a picture of Vanilla Ice, while sitting in your dune buggy. Call it "Random Awesomeness Blonde Ale". If you have a top hat and monocle, it'd bump up the awesome points.

It'd be a great conversation starter. Explain the orange, vanilla ice, and the dune buggy. Then when they ask about the hat and monocle, be like "Ya know what, I've actually never noticed that before."

Wow. Do you work at Sterling Cooper?

Or dune buggy blond!

Yellow snow
Blonde solo cup
Economic meltdown
Blazer Laser Blazer
The cookie monster drank my beer
Filthy animal
Lion's mane
Fish head stew

Good stuff right!?

I name and label my bottles too. It's all part of the fun.

So far I have:

Four Fools Pale Ale
Dark Side Ale
Hail Storm Ale (brewed during a hail storm)
Earthquake Ale (yes.. an earthquake happened during the brew)
Miles Out Stout
Dead Nelson IPA
Merchant's Bride (wheat beer)
Brew Day IPA

Attached is my label for Dark Side Ale. Anyone is free to use it if desired. Perhaps you could put a picture of Luke Skywalker (he's blonde) and call it "I Never Made It To Tashi Station"

DS.jpg

summer time madness
swimsuit ale
beach bod ale
hourglass ale (referring to the hourglass shape of SOME blondes, poor america)

That's good...but not applicable.

I'm not completely wed to the name having any meaning to "blonde". I just thew out the style so as to eliminate things like "Dark Forest" or anything insinuating this is a dark or hoppy beer.

I vote for Dark Forest :D

How about Sunshine Daydream? The Dead have never steered me wrong...

If you have a bench capper you can bottle it exclusively in twist tops (or use PET bottles) and call it something like "Blonde Betty: The only Blonde you can unscrew"

I had to lol just now. Blondie made me think of the end scene in The Good,The Bad,& The Ugly where Tuco yells "Hey blondiiiieee! You know what you aaaaarre? You're a lying no good stinking sun of a bwahahaaaah wah wah wah...". :D Spaghetti western blondie? Blondie with a pic of eastwood's character on the label?

I had to lol just now. Blondie made me think of the end scene in The Good,The Bad,& The Ugly where Tuco yells "Hey blondiiiieee! You know what you aaaaarre? You're a no good stinking sun of a bwahahaaaah wah wah wah...". :D Spaghetti western blondie? Blondie with a pic of eastwood's character on the label?

You have read my mind. I have been thinking of that movie ever since I started thinking of names. I just don't think most people would get it. How many people remember that Eli Wallach called Clint "Blondie" throughout that movie?

EDIT: there are two kinds of people in this world. Those with bullets in their guns and those who name my beer...you do the naming...

Clint's spaghetti westerns are still the most popular ones out there. Especially thought of as classic Clint. I have them on DVD now. I just love that part where Tuco says that. By the way,the original song used as the movie theme wasn't original to Surgio Leone. It was originally done by Ed Ames,the guy that played Daniel Boone's side kick Mingo in the old 60's TV series. It was called Mingo's Theme. To this day,I still can't find a recording of it. Also,clint's spaghetti western themes are all over youtube even today. I think it's def one they'll get. Youtube still charges $2.99 to see it.
[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFa1-kciCb4"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFa1-kciCb4[/ame]

If I ever brew a Blonde Ale it will be called "The carpet and the drapes".

If I ever brew a Blonde Ale it will be called "The carpet and the drapes".

I think that would be better for a mixed six that you give out as gifts, the Blonde called 'The Drapes' and a brown ale called 'The Carpet'. I don't know about your family, but mine would die over this. Actually, this might be my Christmas gift to everyone.

Back