FT: Tired Hands growlers ISO: HF growlers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of of the Only void variants (whiskey, wine barrel) make it to bottles?

Cheers and good luck with a HF swap, waited 3 hours for a growler last time i was there!!

I think there was 220 bottles of each variant of Only Void. I didnt go to this release, there were so many amazing Philly Beer Week tap lists going on.

I think there was 220 bottles of each variant of Only Void. I didnt go to this release, there were so many amazing Philly Beer Week tap lists going on.

Seriously good tap lists going on. Over the past 2 weeks I've had everything on draft from Pliny the Younger to Hill Farmstead to KBS to Lunch to Bourbon Barrel Aged Angel's Share to Plead the 5th and on and on. Capone's had the best of all their leftovers from beer week on draft last night, and I don't think many people knew about it because there were alot of empty seats at the bar...all the KBS you could drink. Haven't made it out to Tired Hands yet, but I hear good things.

Tired Hands is definitely worth the trip! Unfortunately my last two visits were for the 1 year anniversary and the Only Void bottle release (of which there were between 144 & 216 of the three varieties available after the believers club took their share) so it was crowded beyond belief. Going to meet up with a fellow HBTer in two weeks for a few! :mug:

Will expand for HF bottles if that interests you as well.

Look up a guy on here with the handle MrNickVT. He lives in Vermont (obviously) right by The Alchemist brewery and makes frequent trips to HF. He hooked me up with my first Heady and HF experiences and is a really cool guy. He told me he likes to trade so that other people can enjoy VT beers that they can't get...really cool mentality. I'm sure he would be interested in some Tired Hands if it's as good as I've been hearing.

Also, if you want to try HF's porter Everett (easily the best standard porter I've ever had) Capone's in Norristown still has it on draft. Might be gone by tomorrow night, though.

Dave1096 said:
Seriously good tap lists going on. Over the past 2 weeks I've had everything on draft from Pliny the Younger to Hill Farmstead to KBS to Lunch to Bourbon Barrel Aged Angel's Share to Plead the 5th and on and on. Capone's had the best of all their leftovers from beer week on draft last night, and I don't think many people knew about it because there were alot of empty seats at the bar...all the KBS you could drink. Haven't made it out to Tired Hands yet, but I hear good things.

I was there Monday drinking KBS too!

Unless I completely missed something, I am assuming you meant the Elder and not the Younger?

Unless I completely missed something, I am assuming you meant the Elder and not the Younger?

No, he is correct. It's a common misconception that PtY is only on tap at the brewery. Keg's of it do make it out to Philadelphia. See here.

Now, back to the trade. Still looking to trade some Tired Hands growlers. Will expand to sampling some of your local growlers as well as HF.

No, he is correct. It's a common misconception that PtY is only on tap at the brewery. Keg's of it do make it out to Philadelphia. See here.

Now, back to the trade. Still looking to trade some Tired Hands growlers. Will expand to sampling some of your local growlers as well as HF.

Yea I know that, but not for beer week like he said. The link you posted is from March, and all of those kegs were tapped and kicked in about an hour. PtY is brewed once a year and is pretty much gone till next year in a few weeks.

Unless some wacko bar held onto a keg of Younger for 2 months, I think he meant the Elder.

Coff said:
Yea I know that, but not for beer week like he said. The link you posted is from March, and all of those kegs were tapped and kicked in about an hour. PtY is brewed once a year and is pretty much gone till next year in a few weeks.

Unless some wacko bar held onto a keg of Younger for 2 months, I think he meant the Elder.

I would bet that's the case. A local bar around here last month tapped a leg of bcbs.

Iron Abbey in Horsham, PA had an unannounced keg of PtY during their Russian River event for beer week. They usually get a keg around Feb or Mar every year, and this year they got two...so they sat on one until beer week. I had mixed feelings about it; on the one hand I was drinking PtY and that's always awesome, but on the other hand it was 4-5 months old which means they blatantly disregarded the brewer's wishes to drink their IPAs as fresh as possible. But yeah, I did in fact mean to say Pliny the Younger in my post.

Oh wow, that a shame really. The only reason to sit on a keg of that beer is to fill your bar bc of the whale status, but you may be essentially pouring a lesser product and still charging a premium.

BCBS is a different story, that beer is meant to age, Younger is not.

Oh wow, that a shame really. The only reason to sit on a keg of that beer is to fill your bar bc of the whale status, but you may be essentially pouring a lesser product and still charging a premium.

BCBS is a different story, that beer is meant to age, Younger is not.

The keg was unannounced, and it was a Russian River event...the bar was going to be filled, anyway. I agree that it's a shame, though...not to mention the fact that PtE has "DRINK FRESH, *******" written in about 15 different ways on the label. I heard BevMo stores on the West Coast lost the rights to sell RR beers because they wouldn't keep them refrigerated instead of stocking them on a shelf. Imagine if Vinny heard about what a bar in Philly did with one of his PtY kegs.

Back