My Box of Chocolates Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trub quaffer

Reaction score
'Cause you never know what you will get. This started out as a batch of EdWort's Haus Pale Ale but I decided to put my own spin on it. First, measure out 2 lbs Vienna and 0.5 lbs Crystal 10L into a bag. Next, measure out 8 lbs 2-row into a bucket. Then, instead of pouring the Vienna and Crystal into the bucket containing the 8 lbs 2-row, go ahead and pour it into your stock container of 2-row. :( Lastly, try to scoop that 2.5 lbs of grain out of your stock container and add it to the previously measured 8 lbs of 2-row. Now brew according to EdWort's directions.

Not a hard mistake to remedy if you pour Chocolate into 2-row but you try to tell Vienna and Crystal 10L from 2-row! Now I'll have to brew one more batch of Box of Chocolates and then I can get back to knowing exactly what is in my beer.:drunk: Please tell me I'm not the only one who has done this.

I haven't with my partial mashes so far...knock on wood! Try passing out after the bittering addition on a 60 minute boil at 3:50pm & waking up at 5:20pm to finish it!:drunk:

Back