n00b PLEASE HELP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alienslink

Reaction score
I don't normally sign up for forums but I want to make my own apple ale/ hard cider so bad and I don't want to use a kit. I do have a Mr. Beer 2 gallon brewing Keg. Does anyone have a recipe that would be scaleable back to that size. Most recipies I have found are for at least 5 gallons. Also I need specific instructions as I am very new to this home brewing and have only brewed one batch of beer.

Please help!!

I don't normally sign up for forums but I want to make my own apple ale/ hard cider so bad and I don't want to use a kit. I do have a Mr. Beer 2 gallon brewing Keg. Does anyone have a recipe that would be scaleable back to that size. Most recipies I have found are for at least 5 gallons. Also I need specific instructions as I am very new to this home brewing and have only brewed one batch of beer.

Please help!!

What are you looking for in the final product? If its cider I could help point you to some good recipes here.

Either one really... I love reds Apple ale but also love hard cider... would love to try both without a kit...

Haha didn't technically answer your question... looking for a crisp Apple flavor really without a malty flavor like I have found

All Redds is really is 2 row malt with little to no hops and artificial apple flavoring. Which if thats your thing it probably wouldnt take to many tries to get close to something like that. Most brew shops carry the fruit flavors to add. Maybe for 2 gallons start with 4lbs of 2 row malt and 1/4oz Golding hops at beginning of boil and 1/4 oz at flameout. Then the flavoring at bottling.

alienslink said:
Haha didn't technically answer your question... looking for a crisp Apple flavor really without a malty flavor like I have found

If I were you, I'd buy two gallons of cider with no preservative( only vit c/ascorbic acid). Add some yeast nutrient or about a dozen or two raisins. A clove. A cinnamon stick. Get some safale 05.

Let it sit. Sit some more. Bottle it. Sit some more. Drink.

If you don't add sugar, you should end up around 5 or 6 % ABV.

Back